Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a current Undergraduate in EEE at Imperial applying for a PhD next year. I'm presently very involved with one of the sports clubs at Imperial that meets on a Wednesady afternoon (they have to be kept free for undergrad and MSc students) but am wondering if this will be able to continue during my PhD. I compete nationally with some of the guys at the club, so it is kind of important to be that I can carry on with this.

We have one or two PhD students who come along regularly at the moment, and a few who are interested but can't come along so I'm wondering:
    -What might the limiting factors be for PhD students wanting to take time off for sporting activities?
    -To what extent is it down to your supervisor when you can take time off?
    -Will my potential supervisor be put off if I ask about this whilst I am applying or should I leave it until I am accepted or have started?

If anyone on here is doing a PhD at Imperial (Engineering would be great, EEE would be amazing!) and knows anything about this or has even been in a similar position, I'd love to hear about it!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.