The Student Room Group

Year 11’s- have you started revision for GCSE’s yet (less than 3 months to go)

Have you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Starting tomorrow - I made a time table with get revising and it’s really helped me
Reply 2
Original post by 06riclib
Starting tomorrow - I made a time table with get revising and it’s really helped me

Twins no way!! I literally did the same thing yesterday night!! I’ve put the notification for them to send me emails so I do it. What is the subject you’ve put the most amount of hours to study for??
Reply 3
anyone doing romeo and juliet for english lit?
Original post by GCSEOP

Yeah but I only did coursework on that, no exams
I’ve started some light revision but i’m making it more intense from tomorrow :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by diamondionysx
I’ve started some light revision but i’m making it more intense from tomorrow :smile:

Same, but what do you mean by intense?? (How many hours a night, what will you be actually doing with your revision etc)
Reply 7
Me
Reply 8
Original post by diamondionysx

Yeah same here
Original post by GCSEOP

I am
Starting tomorrow!!
Original post by Beth286
Same, but what do you mean by intense?? (How many hours a night, what will you be actually doing with your revision etc)

By intense I mean that i’m going to try and start revising every single day now- some days it could be 2 hours, along with going to revision sessions and on the weekends i’m aiming to do around 12 hours altogether. That includes doing things like re-writing notes/summarising key topics, using flashcards, mindmaps, reading through revision guides over again and answering questions as well as using past papers in timed conditions
Raise your hand if you have exams didn't even know they were in 3 months time... I hate myself
I'm doing about 10-12 hours a week? I stay after school for 2 and a half hours because I'm physically incapable of revising at home - I do absolutely nothing! Though, I'm not overly productive in my revision sessions at school either, but it's better than nothing. It doesn't really feel like I've been revising that much and the only grade in my mock that reflected any hard work was Maths and all the rest were about the same. I work on the weekends in a cafe so it feels like I barely have any time, especially for homework. I really want to know how much other people are doing too..
Reply 13
Original post by StarbucksLife14
Raise your hand if you have exams didn't even know they were in 3 months time... I hate myself

Literally I got a reminder on my countdown and I was like oh crap
Original post by GCSEOP

Yeah I am, need to finish my quotes though.
Original post by GCSEOP

I am, what exam board are you on?
Reply 16
Original post by 06riclib
Starting tomorrow

Original post by ashestostardust
Starting tomorrow!!

Me, everyday for the last two weeks.
Original post by MissUnicorn
I am, what exam board are you on?

I am on AQA you?
Original post by Beth286
Twins no way!! I literally did the same thing yesterday night!! I’ve put the notification for them to send me emails so I do it. What is the subject you’ve put the most amount of hours to study for??

I just put them all as equal because when I did my mocks I got 4s and about in everything so I’m happy with that and if I pass them with 4s I’m satisfied, I know it’s not my best but I had a year off school cuss of mental health so it’s not too bad
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GcseStudent9
I am on AQA you?

I’m AQA for everything but Business studies BTEC and Maths OCR

Quick Reply

Latest