Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a thread for those doing the GCSE French exams in 2018.

My exam board is AQA and I'm really curious as to how people are revising and if anyone knows any good revision resources for French! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am currently A2 and I did GCSE French a couple of years back. I'm currently self-teaching french as I am thinking of moving to France.

Some of the ways that worked for me were:
    >Printing off the official Vocab list from the Spec from AQA (There is deff one, they have to have one!)
    >>> By doing a bit everyday ensures you have a solid understanding of each word.
    >Doing some extension work (I know it sounds disgusting but keep reading!). You can ask your teacher for an essay title and write a 150 word essay. It's super important to get some practice on this stuff. The better you are then you got a better chance at nailing that exam
    >Revising verb endings from textbooks. You'd be surprised how much u lose for the odd wrong verb ending! Just make sure they can't deduct marks for no reason!

Hope this helped!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i have a grammar and translation book, which really helps me secure my grammar properly. i do a page or two each week but it definitely helps me and i understand the grammar better.
    i also try to revise my vocab regularly as content can gain you a lotta marks in the writing exam! got 24/32 on my 150 word question without doing much revision beforehand- content definitely helped me gain marks.
    our teacher sets us tasks on pearson active learner for reading + listening, but i'm pretty sure cgp do workbook with those activities, so i recommend buying them to practice the other skills.

ReputationRep:
    Quizlet is one of the best apps for revising French, i’m taking the AQA 2018 exams too and it really helps to revise vocab. Not exactly sure how to revise for grammar/tenses though but i’m working on it through revision guides. For listening, french music helps quite a bit and listening activities online too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.