Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Trying to get my head around a Contract question.

The question overall is about exclusion clauses, but to get to that bit I have to tackle this:

Helen purchases a chair, which she pays a £100 deposit for. After paying the deposit, she receives a receipt on the back of which there are terms and conditions, including *exclusion clause*. Helen does not read the terms and conditions. When she later goes to the collection point to collect the chair, she signs a document including the terms and conditions.

I know this is somewhere in the area of asking at what point the contract is concluded and if the terms are incorporated, but I'm struggling. I think I can handle the incorporation, but I'm more concerned about when the contract is completed. If I go by boots, then offer and acceptance is when the cashier accepts payment (deposit), so the terms aren't incorporated at that point. How then do I talk about the signature with the terms on collection?

The question also doesn't say at which point she pays the full amount for the chair, so that avenue of thought is up in the air.

I'm really confused, can someone help unpick this?
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.