The Student Room Group

Unseen poetry

Hey Im sitting the GCSE English literature paper 2 (AQA) this year and for my mock at the end of Feb anyway i was just wondering if anyone could help :smile:
For section C the unseen poetry part:
How much do i write for the first question? like how many paragraphs?
how much do i write for the second question? like how many paragraphs?
how many similarities/differences do i compare in the second question?

Also i know its quality over quantity and its not all about how much you write but i just really wanna know so i can organise my time in the exam.
Thankss :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi!
So, I assume that for your mock you’ll be sitting last year’s papers as I did for my mocks. I’m on year 11 too. I do AQA English as well, I literally say these papers a few weeks ago.
I performed pretty well, I scored 74/80 on Paper One and 70/80 on Paper Two.
For the 40 mark question, just plan it out first and then don’t write stuff that’s not on your plan and you’ll ramble and the quality will be bad. Plan like 4-7 paragraphs and stick to that. Planning is so helpful, trust me.
For the rest of the paper, here are my tips:
-Read the questions before you read the extracts you’re given.
-Plan out your answer for the 16 mark question (Question 4)
-As you read your extracts, highlight literary techniques and descriptions, stuff that’ll be helpful later on when you’re answering the questions.
Don’t underestimate the whole planning thing, it really helps you to manage your time better as you don’t ramble
Best of luck and PM me if u need x
Oh and for the second question I usually write 2 similarities and 2 differences x
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xoxcm
Hi!
So, I assume that for your mock you’ll be sitting last year’s papers as I did for my mocks. I’m on year 11 too. I do AQA English as well, I literally say these papers a few weeks ago.
I performed pretty well, I scored 74/80 on Paper One and 70/80 on Paper Two.
For the 40 mark question, just plan it out first and then don’t write stuff that’s not on your plan and you’ll ramble and the quality will be bad. Plan like 4-7 paragraphs and stick to that. Planning is so helpful, trust me.
For the rest of the paper, here are my tips:
-Read the questions before you read the extracts you’re given.
-Plan out your answer for the 16 mark question (Question 4)
-As you read your extracts, highlight literary techniques and descriptions, stuff that’ll be helpful later on when you’re answering the questions.
Don’t underestimate the whole planning thing, it really helps you to manage your time better as you don’t ramble
Best of luck and PM me if u need x
Oh and for the second question I usually write 2 similarities and 2 differences x

Hi sorry when i asked the question i got confused and accidentally wrote language paper 2 when i meant literature! sorry! But thanks so much for your tips i will use them for my language mock! Also wow well done in your mock thats amazing!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
thank you :smile:) good luck xx

Quick Reply