Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the synoptic essay if one of your paragraphs is concerning maintaining blood glucose concentration is it ok if you talk in detail about glucagon, and the processes it causes (glycogenolysis, gluconeogenesis, slower rate of respiration) and then relate it to why thats important (cells need energy etc) and thats one paragraph? Do I need to also talk about insulin and adrenaline? - they're relevant to the paragraph topic of maintaining blood glucose concentration but I worry it will become repetitive and time consuming, especially as its all the same spec point and counts for 1 of the 5 topics (and Ive already written half a page on glucagon alone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsRus1)
    For the synoptic essay if one of your paragraphs is concerning maintaining blood glucose concentration is it ok if you talk in detail about glucagon, and the processes it causes (glycogenolysis, gluconeogenesis, slower rate of respiration) and then relate it to why thats important (cells need energy etc) and thats one paragraph? Do I need to also talk about insulin and adrenaline? - they're relevant to the paragraph topic of maintaining blood glucose concentration but I worry it will become repetitive and time consuming, especially as its all the same spec point and counts for 1 of the 5 topics (and Ive already written half a page on glucagon alone).
    Ideally talk about both glucagon and insulin, but if you are short for time, talk about insulin, not glucagon. Insulin is the main molecule of blood glucose regulation, and you could also talk about diabetes for your off-spec markers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.