Turn on thread page Beta

lonely 24/7 watch

Announcements

its awful, i try and make friends but as soon as schools over its like i dont exist to anyone, no one has messaged me or had a proper chat with me for months. i try to make friends but my school is small and theres not mmuch to do round my area. does any have any advice on how to get friends? ive also never flirted or anything with a girl, theres this girl i really like but she doesnt like me. im 16 male

ReputationRep:
    Hi, wassup. Do you have any special interests? For example, if you especially liked mathematics, then you could probably go into a math chat forum.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling only too well.

(Original post by Kota Dagnino)
    Hi, wassup. Do you have any special interests? For example, if you especially liked mathematics, then you could probably go into a math chat forum.
    yea i quite like maths i guess, i occasionally talk to people online but i never meet them and would prefer real people i guess.

(Original post by Less(e/o)n)
    I know the feeling only too well.
    this happened to u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    its awful, i try and make friends but as soon as schools over its like i dont exist to anyone, no one has messaged me or had a proper chat with me for months. i try to make friends but my school is small and theres not mmuch to do round my area. does any have any advice on how to get friends? ive also never flirted or anything with a girl, theres this girl i really like but she doesnt like me. im 16 male
    Maybe when school is over, start the conversation with someone instead of waiting for them to talk to you? Also doing extracurricular stuff gives you a chance to meet new people and make friends.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by regina_tay)
    Maybe when school is over, start the conversation with someone instead of waiting for them to talk to you? Also doing extracurricular stuff gives you a chance to meet new people and make friends.
    i do try and start conversations, but they just end up being bland because they dont wanna talk to me, they usually just find an excuse to walk off because im boring or they will just ignore me completely. and its not because everyone hates me but rather because no one cares about me.
    i have tried a couple extra curricular stuff like tennis and running but i never seem to have a bond with anyone there and it just gets akward if i try and start a convo with them but yea its better than sitting at home doing nothing i guess

Try initiating
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try taking to people while waiting for the class and also people in the class by asking relevant questions.

You could join clubs and activities in the school.

If you feel the need to talk to anyone feel free to PM me .

ReputationRep:
    Personally this generally is the school and after school atmosphere for myself, I'd suggest joining groups/finding people with common interests. It may be a slow process but keep putting yourself out there and talking to people, things don't stay the same forever. As another note, I found that playing games online and joining a community on discord allowed me to talk to quite a few more people. Finally, I joined the scouts and although it may seem awkward and a lack of conversations sometimes, youth organisations can be a great way of meeting new people. For example if you go camping, there's not exactly many other people they can talk to other than you Great way to bond!

ReputationRep:
    ?
    I'm kinda in the same situation, I've got no friends and I have depression. do u wanna be friends?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sounds like bliss to me. Can I be you? & I’m not kidding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Sounds like bliss to me. Can I be you? & I’m not kidding.
    How does it sound like bliss?

ReputationRep:
    When I saw this I thought I must have posted it, but no, I have found someone who is in the same situation as me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hannah2005)
    How does it sound like bliss?
    Because solitude is wonderful. There’s a difference between being alone or being lonely, and that is your perception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Because solitude is wonderful. There’s a difference between being alone or being lonely, and that is your perception.

I understand and respect your opinion but how can being alone be beneficial. I basically am lonely 24/7 and I literally have no friends. Furthermore, I struggle with a mental illness and anxiety. I literally have no-one and am alone and I just wanna climb into a hole constantly and avoid all human contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah2005)
    I understand and respect your opinion but how can being alone be beneficial. I basically am lonely 24/7 and I literally have no friends. Furthermore, I struggle with a mental illness and anxiety. I literally have no-one and am alone and I just wanna climb into a hole constantly and avoid all human contact.
    I’m in the exact situation to you. It feels horrible to be alone and I don’t see it as positive at all. Dm me if you ever want to talk x

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.