Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    What is this?/I'm confused
    Hi there. If you're confused as to what is going on here then you are probably new to this section of TSR. This is a Model House of Commons, a forum where we emulate the structure of the Real Life House of Commons as an excuse to debate politics.

If you are seeing this and you want to get involved in the debate, please feel free. You do not need to join a party, get approval or join any group to get stuck in right away. If you enjoy it and you do want to join a party then you can do so here. If you have any questions or need any help please message me. I am the current speaker of the house and part of my role involves offering impartial advice to new members so I will always be happy to answer what questions you have. Alternatively, you can read the new members guide to get advice on a wide range of issues.

Note: Please refrain from making comments about how we spend our free time. It is our free time to spend.

B1337 - Tea and Cereal Terrorism Bill 2018, Joecphillips seconded by Connor27

A
    BILL TO
    Criminalise putting milk in tea or cereal first and the use of skimmed milk.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Tea Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they intentionally pour the milk into the container before both the tea and hot water.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life

2- Cereal Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they intentionally pour the milk into the container before the cereal.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life

3- Skimmed Milk Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they use fully skimmed milk.

4- Negligent making of Tea
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they Negligently pour the milk into the container before both the tea and hot water.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for 15 years

5- Negligent Making of Cereal
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they Negligently pour the milk into the container before the cereal.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for 15 years

6- Definitions
    (1) Tea is defined as the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant.
    (2) Milk is defined as an opaque white or bluish-white liquid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals or any liquid resembling this, as the liquid within a coconut, the juice or sap of certain plants, or various pharmaceutical preparations.
    (3) Skimmed Milk is defined as milk from which the cream has been removed.

6- Citation and commencement
    (1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
    (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
    (3) This Act may be referred to as the Tea and Cereal Terrorism Act 2018

Notes:People who are caught committing the horrendous acts hurt society as a whole and should be strongly punished for that, these are some of the worst acts that can be committed in a civilised society!!!!!!!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Strong nay from me ...

ReputationRep:
    Finally, a bill that truly matters!

ReputationRep:
    "Milk is defined as an opaque white or bluish-white liquid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals or any liquid resembling this"

lol. Nay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I am indifferent concerning provisions surrounding tea; personally, prefer coffee.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)
    "Milk is defined as an opaque white or bluish-white liquid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals or any liquid resembling this"

lol. Nay
    How would you define milk? The first part is the definition of milk and the any liquid resembling this means things like soy milk

ReputationRep:
    I see the joke bills are making a comeback. A nay from me, but nice effort.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Finally a decent joke bill.

10/10, Good Job, great bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This bill directly contradicts ISO standard 3103, so would not be possible without first opting out of that. Nay.
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAcJRFfAL0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    I am indifferent concerning provisions surrounding tea; personally, prefer coffee.
    Your hot drink of choice shouldn’t play a part, there is a way of making tea in a civilised society and then there is the way which attacks the heart of the country, quite frankly I wish the death penalty was an option.

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

ReputationRep:
    Despite me putting milk second, I respect those who put milk first because its a way of checking that you have milk before you make cereal.

Gonna have to abstain here
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    You posted that exact same reply on another thread 5 mins ago....
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I find it utterly abhorrent that people dare to use fully skimmed milk and even worse, put milk in first for tea and cereal!!!
    I admire Joe for refusing to put Coffee on here because after all if someone puts milk in with coffee, it is an unspoken part of the British justice system that they receive the death penalty by caffeine poisoning.
    Call me a #FakeLiber if you want, but I will be voting Aye on this when it goes to Division
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Thrillanthropist)
    You posted that exact same reply on another thread 5 mins ago....
    I doubt that unless you have screenshots.

Spoiler:
    Show

Totally didn't post it on that thread by accident intending on this one and have since edited.:flute:

This is what happens when you have 4 TSR tabs open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams421)
    This bill directly contradicts ISO standard 3103, so would not be possible without first opting out of that. Nay.
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAcJRFfAL0)
    I believe that they also talk about putting the milk in last at a specific temperature but I’m not paying $40 for that argument but I shall submit a motion to declare war on the ISO for acts of terrorism against this country.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is just poor, semi skimmed should also be banned and it should be a near blanket ban on milk in tea
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I doubt that unless you have screenshots.

Spoiler:
    Show

Totally didn't post it on that thread by accident intending on this one and have since edited.:flute:

This is what happens when you have 4 TSR tabs open.

Only 4?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Only 4?
    Actually 6, I forgot 2 were on a separate window.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.