Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i accidentally dropped my phone into some yoghurt, it got into the headphone jack and the charging port. I tried my best cleaning it out, and then plugged it in to check it was charging, it was charging fine. So left it to charge(big mistake!) Came back 1.5 - 2 hours later to unplug my phone and i burnt myself on the cable thats how hot it got. I quickly unplugged it and turned my phone off for it to cool. But the charging cable and port both have this burnt smell to them and sort of charred black? And a bit of the inside of the cables melted. But it still charges fine.

I tried sticking in some blue tak to clear it out and it got out most of the charred blackness but the smells still there

What can i do to fix it and prevent making it worse?

ReputationRep:
    Also my phone now thinks there are earphones connected to it even though theres not

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.