Turn on thread page Beta

crush didn't like my photo watch

this is gonna sound dumb but I really like this guy and I thought he liked me, we talk loads online and he's the sweetest. today I uploaded a new profile photo which I haven't done in ages and was feeling quite good about myself. he usually likes all my photos but didn't like this one but liked this other girls photo that he speaks to a lot. should I just give up because this has made me feel this **** and he probably doesn't like me?

ReputationRep:
    respect yourself and don't care whether he liked your photo -- do this by replacing any negative feelings you have about this issue with positive ones about yourself so you forget about the whole thing..

you like him so you're simply just overanalysing every little action of his. take a breather and find something to distract you. focus on yourself- watch a nice youtube video. this way, you don't obsess over him and your potential relationship is healthier for YOU (and for him too)
    it's only natural to feel anxious and over analyse but don't worry too much about it. CHANCES ARE he probably didn't see it or he just forgot to like it. whatever it is. don't pay too much attention to it and just cool it off

also, try to not let yourself deep these kinda things again. this is a lesson ive been tryna learn lol

Yeah its time to give up. Who cares about him anyway?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's just a Facebook like, it really isn't something to be worried about. I swear people put so much emphasis into social media, it really has the ability to screw people over.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    OH....... MY....... GOD........ GURL you don't need no man that ain't like your photos!!! Kick his ass to the curb.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don’t wanna lift on this planet anymore
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    social media doesn't mean anything. numbers don't mean anything. I have come around to realise this. just talk to her in person

he might not have seen it yet or he might be purposefully not liking it to keep you on your toes and feel jealous of this other girl. which is a bit immature but that's how some people behave. he might want you to spend your whole evening waiting for his like and have him consume your thoughts. appears to be working.
    or he might not want to seem too keen by liking every pic

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.