The Student Room Group

Geography A level coursework

My coursework is based on the future and viability of cornershops because of things like chains and online shopping. I don't know what data to collect - so far i have questionnaires, litter surveys and ped counts but I know that's not enough to be able to get a good grade. I have various presentation methods but I'm not too worried about that. It's mainly what methods I could do.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
also - HOW LONG SHOULD EVERYTHING BE????? the word limit is 3000-4000 words but ive already written the context and most of the method in 2000 words?!!! please help ugh
Original post by dpksrk2015
My coursework is based on the future and viability of cornershops because of things like chains and online shopping. I don't know what data to collect - so far i have questionnaires, litter surveys and ped counts but I know that's not enough to be able to get a good grade. I have various presentation methods but I'm not too worried about that. It's mainly what methods I could do.

Hey, I'm doing coursework that has a similar theme, if you still want ideas I can share the methods I used with you - I only used two and I've been told that's valid, I think the quality is maybe more important than the quantity (or at least I hope so). Sorry that this is such a late reply, I've only just found this thread

also - HOW LONG SHOULD EVERYTHING BE????? the word limit is 3000-4000 words but ive already written the context and most of the method in 2000 words?!!! please help ugh

Again, I think it's more quality than quantity as it needs to be properly explained and analysed but in a concise manner; there's a really wide variety of word counts in my class. Sorry I can't be more helpful, could you let me know if you've found out any more about it (I'm not sure about mine), thanks
Reply 4
Original post by AmyeHears
Hey, I'm doing coursework that has a similar theme, if you still want ideas I can share the methods I used with you - I only used two and I've been told that's valid, I think the quality is maybe more important than the quantity (or at least I hope so). Sorry that this is such a late reply, I've only just found this thread

Again, I think it's more quality than quantity as it needs to be properly explained and analysed but in a concise manner; there's a really wide variety of word counts in my class. Sorry I can't be more helpful, could you let me know if you've found out any more about it (I'm not sure about mine), thanks

Thanks so much for the reply, what board are you? I'm Eduqas and I've been told I need atleast 8 methods and 20 samples at each, which I think is too much and so much of this data is unnecessary...
Also, having almsot completed my method, it's now 3000+ words and I'm worried I'll lose marks for writing too much becuase still got analysis, conclusion, evaluation. I'm so ready to get this over and done with already!!!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
That word count is just a guide - or at least it is with the exam board I am on (OCR). I doubt you'd be penalised for exceeding it.
Yeah there ain't a word count limit for edexcel. I finished mine on around 9.5k
Thanks so much for the reply, what board are you? I'm Eduqas and I've been told I need atleast 8 methods and 20 samples at each, which I think is too much and so much of this data is unnecessary...
Also, having almsot completed my method, it's now 3000+ words and I'm worried I'll lose marks for writing too much becuase still got analysis, conclusion, evaluation. I'm so ready to get this over and done with already!!!!!

I’m doing edexcel geography, my coursework is over 10,000 words - hopefully it’s okay as the 4,000 is a guideline. You could compare the prices of food from different shops (as the cheapest is most likely to succeed) or a clone town survey (finding out if there are more chain stores or independent ones). Eight data collection methods is so much - that’s loads of data. Does it all have to be primary data? The Office for National Statistics is useful as secondary. Hope that’s helpful, I’m looking forward to when the coursework is finished - should be a relief :smile:
I'm doing edexcel geography, im basing my NEA on human geography and how people's shopping habits have changed over time.im not sure what exact question would be suitable and which data collection methods will be best.

Quick Reply