Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am on the verge of doing my gcses (three months away) and i need to start to think what a levels to take?

i would like to do english literature,sociology and btec heath and social care will this fine to be a nurse in hospital?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by preparedtowork)
    i am on the verge of doing my gcses (three months away) and i need to start to think what a levels to take?

i would like to do english literature,sociology and btec heath and social care will this fine to be a nurse in hospital?
    Hi, many universities accept 2 a-levels & the BTEC health & socialcare alongside it for nursing. However, if you have any universities in mind you could check their entry requirements to be sure.
    What branch of nursing are you interested in?
    You may find this general information on nursing courses useful too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Nursing_Degree

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the advise i am thinking about mental health but i also want to do children nursing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    thank you for the advise i am thinking about mental health but i also want to do children nursing
    When you have started you Alevels you might find it useful to visit a university open day to find out more about mental health and children's nursing. You can also read up about them online to learn more about the role and what options there are within those two fields.
    Getting work or voluntary experience will also be really useful and help you decide on which field of nursing you want to study, it's worth seeing what connections your college has when you start your Alevels as some colleges have hospitals or charities they can send volunteers to.

ReputationRep:
    Okay and i will have to just wait and see because at the end of the day it depends all on my results and i will try to ask my sixth form about the voluntary thing

ReputationRep:

They usually like you to have at least one science and the health and social care will be a good idea. I was on a midwifery course and my a levels were Biology, Health and social care and Psychology. But I would advise having a good old looks on the entry requirements for the websites of the uni's you're interested.
    I would also recommend looking into getting some work experience in a hospital or volunteering to help get you experience and give you the edge when it comes to interviews and the application process.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the advise appreciate it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.