Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am depressed 24/7 and literally stay whole day and night on bed!! can anyone help with this??(:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what's making you depressed? x

ReputationRep:
    well to be honest i am not not sure what's making me depressed, may be due to my life and studies

ReputationRep:
    how old are you , are u in education atm ?

(Original post by manish thapa10)
    I am depressed 24/7 and literally stay whole day and night on bed!! can anyone help with this??(:
    sorry, i literally go throught this everyday wanna talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    OP is studying their AS levels

ReputationRep:
    well to be honest i am not not sure what's making me depressed, may be due to my life and studies
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    18 currently on year 12 aslevels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    OP is studying their AS levels
    stalker much ?

18 currently on year 12 aslevels.
    did you have to retake the year ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh i'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a Personal Tutor or counsellor you could talk to? I'm going through something very similar and it really does help. They say they hear it a lot, that students often don;t know what upsets them or makes them anxious. They've helped me to come to the root of the problem and it is helping, and it's all confidential.
    If you don't have this option, would you be comfortable telling a parent to get a GP appt or to have a counselling assessment?
    Hope you're ok xx

ReputationRep:
    if this is how you feel you should ho see a dr or your school/colleges nurse they can offer help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    stalker much ?

did you have to retake the year ?
    No I looked at their recent posts just a second ago

Buuttt heyyyy sorry for answering your question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    No I looked at their recent posts just a second ago

Buuttt heyyyy sorry for answering your question
    sure
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hi there. Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. It's actually pretty common, but obviously not at all pleasant. A good place to start is with some counselling or therapy to explore why you're feeling this way and what you can do to improve how you feel. You can also check out some info and advice online from sites like mind.org and sane.org. Even if you don't actually have depression it's good advice to try. Not all of it works for everybody, but it's worth baring in mind at least. You also don't need to be "bad enough" to seek support (it's a concern people sometimes have).
    Talking to your school is often a good way to access counselling, but you can also go see your GP or google counselling in your area. Counselling/ therapy through school or the NHS is free and any counselling/ therapy and anything you discuss with your GP is confidential.

Something else that often helps is to be open with somebody. Hiding your feelings and bottling things up is really draining and if somebody knows how you feel they can look out for you a little. There's no shame in being a bit fragile.

Hope that helps
    btw I'm going to pop this into the mental health section. It tends to be the best place for stuff like this. We also have a mental health support society (MHSS) thread in there that you might like to check out.

ReputationRep:
    I totally know how you feel here. Is there anyone in your life you can talk to about it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.