Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help me
    So we have completed our titration practical in class and we even carried it out twice just to make sure we all got it accurate and knew what we were doing.
    Well, the practical side of it went well and I understood what I was doing,
    but now when it comes to the write-up bit, I am completely lost.
    I don't know how to start my write up or what to include in it.

I'm already halfway through year 12 and we have only done 1 practical and my teacher is not in for most of the time...

ReputationRep:
    we did the practical as well but did not get time to do the write up bit.
    do you do ocr chem?

ReputationRep:
    Title, equipment, method, diagram, risk assessment, results, calculations, conclusion. Write down all of your sub headings and underline them if you feel like it.
    You should have your practical booklet or sheet from the spec or whatever with you right? Use that as a guide, you could probably copy it word for word if it's exactly what you did.
    Title -is baso 'required practical blah blah blah'
    Equipment -with all the measurements of stuff you used (conc of your solutions etc)
    Method -should be in your practical booklet from spec, just copy that, or whatever method you were given.
    Diagram- draw it properly, decently sized and with a ruler and everything, saves you from having to redo it. Label it.
    Risk assessment- 'wore goggles to prevent blinding myself' that kind of thing, don't need to write too much on that, just afew sentences
    Results - put it in a table if you've got plenty, if not then just mix it in with your calculations
    Calculations - make it clear what you're doing step by step
    Conclusion- talk about your result, talk about something if t went wrong and what you did to fix it, what you'd do differently next time etc...
    Hope this helped )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilN)
    Title, equipment, method, diagram, risk assessment, results, calculations, conclusion. Write down all of your sub headings and underline them if you feel like it.
    You should have your practical booklet or sheet from the spec or whatever with you right? Use that as a guide, you could probably copy it word for word if it's exactly what you did.
    Title -is baso 'required practical blah blah blah'
    Equipment -with all the measurements of stuff you used (conc of your solutions etc)
    Method -should be in your practical booklet from spec, just copy that, or whatever method you were given.
    Diagram- draw it properly, decently sized and with a ruler and everything, saves you from having to redo it. Label it.
    Risk assessment- 'wore goggles to prevent blinding myself' that kind of thing, don't need to write too much on that, just afew sentences
    Results - put it in a table if you've got plenty, if not then just mix it in with your calculations
    Calculations - make it clear what you're doing step by step
    Conclusion- talk about your result, talk about something if t went wrong and what you did to fix it, what you'd do differently next time etc...
    Hope this helped )
    It depends on the teacher. My teacher asks us to write the title, aims and skills, risk assessment( if not given in practical book), analysis and extension. So depends on how your teacher wants you to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brudor2000)
    It depends on the teacher. My teacher asks us to write the title, aims and skills, risk assessment( if not given in practical book), analysis and extension. So depends on how your teacher wants you to do it.
    Doesn't really depend on your teacher since they're not the people assessing your practical books, it depends on your spec. When I did mine it was AQA, what I listed is what it asked for. As it's a required practical, there will be a spec booklet that has all of the practicals written up, have a look at that and write yours up using that as a guide
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilN)
    Doesn't really depend on your teacher since they're not the people assessing your practical books, it depends on your spec. When I did mine it was AQA, what I listed is what it asked for. As it's a required practical, there will be a spec booklet that has all of the practicals written up, have a look at that and write yours up using that as a guide
    Yh you are right. It does depend on the spec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brudor2000)
    we did the practical as well but did not get time to do the write up bit.
    do you do ocr chem?
    I do AQA chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chakshita29)
    I do AQA chem
    I do OCR. so LilN has a better suggestion for AQA. I don't wanna confuse you cuz maybe i do it differently to how your spec wants you to do it.Its better you take LilN's advice as he has done AQA.
    Btw m sorry i am unable to help you.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.