A level chemistry titration practical

Watch
WiseWomen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Help me
So we have completed our titration practical in class and we even carried it out twice just to make sure we all got it accurate and knew what we were doing.
Well, the practical side of it went well and I understood what I was doing,
but now when it comes to the write-up bit, I am completely lost.
I don't know how to start my write up or what to include in it.

I'm already halfway through year 12 and we have only done 1 practical and my teacher is not in for most of the time...
Brudor2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
we did the practical as well but did not get time to do the write up bit.
do you do ocr chem?
LilN
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Title, equipment, method, diagram, risk assessment, results, calculations, conclusion. Write down all of your sub headings and underline them if you feel like it.
You should have your practical booklet or sheet from the spec or whatever with you right? Use that as a guide, you could probably copy it word for word if it's exactly what you did.
Title -is baso 'required practical blah blah blah'
Equipment -with all the measurements of stuff you used (conc of your solutions etc)
Method -should be in your practical booklet from spec, just copy that, or whatever method you were given.
Diagram- draw it properly, decently sized and with a ruler and everything, saves you from having to redo it. Label it.
Risk assessment- 'wore goggles to prevent blinding myself' that kind of thing, don't need to write too much on that, just afew sentences
Results - put it in a table if you've got plenty, if not then just mix it in with your calculations
Calculations - make it clear what you're doing step by step
Conclusion- talk about your result, talk about something if t went wrong and what you did to fix it, what you'd do differently next time etc...
Hope this helped )
Brudor2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LilN)
Title, equipment, method, diagram, risk assessment, results, calculations, conclusion. Write down all of your sub headings and underline them if you feel like it.
You should have your practical booklet or sheet from the spec or whatever with you right? Use that as a guide, you could probably copy it word for word if it's exactly what you did.
Title -is baso 'required practical blah blah blah'
Equipment -with all the measurements of stuff you used (conc of your solutions etc)
Method -should be in your practical booklet from spec, just copy that, or whatever method you were given.
Diagram- draw it properly, decently sized and with a ruler and everything, saves you from having to redo it. Label it.
Risk assessment- 'wore goggles to prevent blinding myself' that kind of thing, don't need to write too much on that, just afew sentences
Results - put it in a table if you've got plenty, if not then just mix it in with your calculations
Calculations - make it clear what you're doing step by step
Conclusion- talk about your result, talk about something if t went wrong and what you did to fix it, what you'd do differently next time etc...
Hope this helped )
It depends on the teacher. My teacher asks us to write the title, aims and skills, risk assessment( if not given in practical book), analysis and extension. So depends on how your teacher wants you to do it.
LilN
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brudor2000)
It depends on the teacher. My teacher asks us to write the title, aims and skills, risk assessment( if not given in practical book), analysis and extension. So depends on how your teacher wants you to do it.
Doesn't really depend on your teacher since they're not the people assessing your practical books, it depends on your spec. When I did mine it was AQA, what I listed is what it asked for. As it's a required practical, there will be a spec booklet that has all of the practicals written up, have a look at that and write yours up using that as a guide
Brudor2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LilN)
Doesn't really depend on your teacher since they're not the people assessing your practical books, it depends on your spec. When I did mine it was AQA, what I listed is what it asked for. As it's a required practical, there will be a spec booklet that has all of the practicals written up, have a look at that and write yours up using that as a guide
Yh you are right. It does depend on the spec.
WiseWomen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Brudor2000)
we did the practical as well but did not get time to do the write up bit.
do you do ocr chem?
I do AQA chem
Brudor2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chakshita29)
I do AQA chem
I do OCR. so LilN has a better suggestion for AQA. I don't wanna confuse you cuz maybe i do it differently to how your spec wants you to do it.Its better you take LilN's advice as he has done AQA.
Btw m sorry i am unable to help you.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.73%
Virtual campus tours/open days (51)
21.89%
Live streaming events (22)
9.44%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
9.87%
A uni comparison tool (55)
23.61%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.46%