Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and have graduated uni. I'm getting paid £25k a year which I'm fairly happy with but I'd like to save up to buy a house. Occasionally on some weekends I'm siting at home with not much to do. I would love to find a job where I can work but when it suits me best (so must have a degree of flexibility!)

I've always avoided retail as I'm not good with numbers (especially quick arithmetic). In terms of flexibility, something like babysitting or dog walking would be perfect as I could just do it when I'm free. Problem is most parents want a babysitter who they can trust so it's mainly word of mouth, while most dog owners would rather someone who's had experience with dogs. I don't mind physical jobs. What would you recommend? In an ideal world something flexible, well paid, won't need qualifications/experience in, and wouldn't affect my 9-5 weekday job (I know it's a lot to ask).

ReputationRep:
    have u thought about tutoring? what did u study at uni? u could put posters around your previous uni offering tuition for lower year students, and go on mytutor and other sites to tutor gcse and a level students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1231231)
    have u thought about tutoring? what did u study at uni? u could put posters around your previous uni offering tuition for lower year students, and go on mytutor and other sites to tutor gcse and a level students.
    Sports Development. I now work in Marketing so I guess I could tutor for that. I did Business Studies at GCSE and A Level (A* at GCSE and A at A Level) so I guess I could teach in those areas too. I'll sign up to a few websites now.

ReputationRep:
    McDonald's (im serious)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dylantombides)
    I'm 23 and have graduated uni. I'm getting paid £25k a year which I'm fairly happy with but I'd like to save up to buy a house. Occasionally on some weekends I'm siting at home with not much to do. I would love to find a job where I can work but when it suits me best (so must have a degree of flexibility!)

I've always avoided retail as I'm not good with numbers (especially quick arithmetic). In terms of flexibility, something like babysitting or dog walking would be perfect as I could just do it when I'm free. Problem is most parents want a babysitter who they can trust so it's mainly word of mouth, while most dog owners would rather someone who's had experience with dogs. I don't mind physical jobs. What would you recommend? In an ideal world something flexible, well paid, won't need qualifications/experience in, and wouldn't affect my 9-5 weekday job (I know it's a lot to ask).
    Try mcdonalds.
    They are very flexible. You can do 1 shift a week, 2 shifts a week, shifts that fit around other jobs, school college etc. I worked there for 9 years while at 6th form, college and while at other jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Bars/clubs often need more staff on during the weekend as it's their busiest time

I wouldn't expect any unskilled part time job to offer more than the minimum wage though
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by dylantombides)

I've always avoided retail as I'm not good with numbers (especially quick arithmetic).
    Since when has retail required any level of numeracy? Tills do the maths!

ReputationRep:
    You could become a sex worker?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.