Turn on thread page Beta

DMU or Uni of Notts for Children’s nursing?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I have an offer from both- bbb from notts and bbc for dmu. I’m predicted bbc.
    I love them both and will be living at home so journey time is the same pretty much. Placements for notts could be slightly further.
    However, Notts has changed their course structure for this year which I originally liked meaning my course will be 37 week instead of normal 43, but thinking about it, I’ll have to make up those hours somewhere so will that make it more stressful??
    I’ve got no clue where to go, love them both.
    Any help would be great!! (I will probs end up working at the leicester hospital when I’m older so would that be better for me if I went to dmu??)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by abbibott99)
    So I have an offer from both- bbb from notts and bbc for dmu. I’m predicted bbc.
    I love them both and will be living at home so journey time is the same pretty much. Placements for notts could be slightly further.
    However, Notts has changed their course structure for this year which I originally liked meaning my course will be 37 week instead of normal 43, but thinking about it, I’ll have to make up those hours somewhere so will that make it more stressful??
    I’ve got no clue where to go, love them both.
    Any help would be great!! (I will probs end up working at the leicester hospital when I’m older so would that be better for me if I went to dmu??)
    You're right in that you will have the same hours to do in a smaller space of time. Whether you think you would cope with the additional pressure (and whether it is worth it) is something you will need to consider.

Lots can change in 3 years. You may want to move away or work in a role which isn't hospital-based. It's important that you base your decision on which course suits you better and which university you want to be a student at. Experience in a particular hospital is not hugely beneficial at job interviews, if you are a good candidate you will get the job regardless of where you have trained.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.