Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have a guy best friend who I have known for quite some time. We speak practically all the day however, we met online. We have video called a few times and I am pretty sure he's not a catfish. We have spoken so many times and I really believe he is genuine.

Anyway, I decided to ask him to come with me to a festival. However, I don't know whether I can trust him. I really want to go with him as we are so close and it'll give us a chance to get to know each other more. The only problem is, the festival is a weekend one meaning I am most likely going to have to share a hotel room with him. I could get my own but in my own interest, it'd be so much cheaper if we both shared one and halved the price of it between us.

I know I could go with someone else but I really do want to go with him. A lot of my other friends aren't interested too. I couldn't imagine missing it but at the same time, I don't know whether I can trust him enough to go with me. We haven't ever met before and I'm just scared he's not going to be the person I thought he would be.

I have thought about taking one of my other friends with me to go meet him but I'm meeting him in a different city and they wouldn't want to come all the way with me there just to end up going back home after five minutes which I completely understand.

Has anyone got any advice? I do really want to go but he seems like the only person who I can actually take anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "I don't know whether I can trust him", even though he's your best mate? You should defo meet him in person before hand. Plus, what festival?

(Original post by michellincaptain)
    "I don't know whether I can trust him", even though he's your best mate? You should defo meet him in person before hand. Plus, what festival?
    I feel like I can but honestly it's complicated ahah! Do you think? I was thinking of meeting him before too but I don't know whether he'd be up for it. We were thinking of parklife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like I can but honestly it's complicated ahah! Do you think? I was thinking of meeting him before too but I don't know whether he'd be up for it. We were thinking of parklife
    The parklife lineup is looking good. I actually have no clue though, if you can't meet him and still feel uncomfortable get a seperate room, for 'privacy', you ain't in a relationship so I'm sure he'd understand.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    How can you have a best friend when you dont even know what the guy looks like? How do you know this guy is his actual age?

ReputationRep:
    I made plans to meet someone I met online at Reading Festival last year. I had a huge crush on him and we called/ facetimed all the time and we ended up seeing each other and we went to each other's houses a few times.

Turns out the ***hole had a girlfriend and that's why he wouldn't make it official.

I went to Reading anyway without him and had the time of my damn life with my friends.

My point is you should definitely meet him before going to a festival and sharing a room with him. You can't understand someone's personality as a whole online as people lie all the time, you gotta see it for yourself.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you don't trust him, don't go.

As mentioned - see if you can meet up with him beforehand.

For me, going to a festival with someone is so different to just knowing them online. I'd rather go with someone I actually knew.

(Original post by michellincaptain)
    The parklife lineup is looking good. I actually have no clue though, if you can't meet him and still feel uncomfortable get a seperate room, for 'privacy', you ain't in a relationship so I'm sure he'd understand.
    Yeah!! I'm so excited, I don't think he's up for it anymore though which is a shame because I really did want to go this year

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    How can you have a best friend when you dont even know what the guy looks like? How do you know this guy is his actual age?
    We have facetimed a bunch of times like I am pretty sure he is his actual age. I wouldn't say we weren't close because we talk practically every day...

(Original post by Laurenstaa)
    I made plans to meet someone I met online at Reading Festival last year. I had a huge crush on him and we called/ facetimed all the time and we ended up seeing each other and we went to each other's houses a few times.

Turns out the ***hole had a girlfriend and that's why he wouldn't make it official.

I went to Reading anyway without him and had the time of my damn life with my friends.

My point is you should definitely meet him before going to a festival and sharing a room with him. You can't understand someone's personality as a whole online as people lie all the time, you gotta see it for yourself.
    Aww, yeah. I wish I could go to parklife without him but there's no way I'm getting in without him anyway. Yeah, I am going to have to meet him soon anyway. I don't t feel comfortable at all sharing a room with him before meeting him ahaha, thanks!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.