Turn on thread page Beta

I have a guy best friend who I have known for quite some time. We speak practically all the day however, we met online. We have video called a few times and I am pretty sure he's not a catfish. We have spoken so many times and I really believe he is genuine.

Anyway, I decided to ask him to come with me to a festival. However, I don't know whether I can trust him. I really want to go with him as we are so close and it'll give us a chance to get to know each other more. The only problem is, the festival is a weekend one meaning I am most likely going to have to share a hotel room with him. I could get my own but in my own interest, it'd be so much cheaper if we both shared one and halved the price of it between us.

I know I could go with someone else but I really do want to go with him. A lot of my other friends aren't interested too. I couldn't imagine missing it but at the same time, I don't know whether I can trust him enough to go with me. We haven't ever met before and I'm just scared he's not going to be the person I thought he would be.

I have thought about taking one of my other friends with me to go meet him but I'm meeting him in a different city and they wouldn't want to come all the way with me there just to end up going back home after five minutes which I completely understand.

Has anyone got any advice? I do really want to go but he seems like the only person who I can actually take anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "I don't know whether I can trust him", even though he's your best mate? You should defo meet him in person before hand. Plus, what festival?

(Original post by michellincaptain)
    "I don't know whether I can trust him", even though he's your best mate? You should defo meet him in person before hand. Plus, what festival?
    I feel like I can but honestly it's complicated ahah! Do you think? I was thinking of meeting him before too but I don't know whether he'd be up for it. We were thinking of parklife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like I can but honestly it's complicated ahah! Do you think? I was thinking of meeting him before too but I don't know whether he'd be up for it. We were thinking of parklife
    The parklife lineup is looking good. I actually have no clue though, if you can't meet him and still feel uncomfortable get a seperate room, for 'privacy', you ain't in a relationship so I'm sure he'd understand.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How can you have a best friend when you dont even know what the guy looks like? How do you know this guy is his actual age?

ReputationRep:
    I made plans to meet someone I met online at Reading Festival last year. I had a huge crush on him and we called/ facetimed all the time and we ended up seeing each other and we went to each other's houses a few times.

Turns out the ***hole had a girlfriend and that's why he wouldn't make it official.

I went to Reading anyway without him and had the time of my damn life with my friends.

My point is you should definitely meet him before going to a festival and sharing a room with him. You can't understand someone's personality as a whole online as people lie all the time, you gotta see it for yourself.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you don't trust him, don't go.

As mentioned - see if you can meet up with him beforehand.

For me, going to a festival with someone is so different to just knowing them online. I'd rather go with someone I actually knew.

(Original post by michellincaptain)
    The parklife lineup is looking good. I actually have no clue though, if you can't meet him and still feel uncomfortable get a seperate room, for 'privacy', you ain't in a relationship so I'm sure he'd understand.
    Yeah!! I'm so excited, I don't think he's up for it anymore though which is a shame because I really did want to go this year

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    How can you have a best friend when you dont even know what the guy looks like? How do you know this guy is his actual age?
    We have facetimed a bunch of times like I am pretty sure he is his actual age. I wouldn't say we weren't close because we talk practically every day...

(Original post by Laurenstaa)
    I made plans to meet someone I met online at Reading Festival last year. I had a huge crush on him and we called/ facetimed all the time and we ended up seeing each other and we went to each other's houses a few times.

Turns out the ***hole had a girlfriend and that's why he wouldn't make it official.

I went to Reading anyway without him and had the time of my damn life with my friends.

My point is you should definitely meet him before going to a festival and sharing a room with him. You can't understand someone's personality as a whole online as people lie all the time, you gotta see it for yourself.
    Aww, yeah. I wish I could go to parklife without him but there's no way I'm getting in without him anyway. Yeah, I am going to have to meet him soon anyway. I don't t feel comfortable at all sharing a room with him before meeting him ahaha, thanks!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.