Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend wants me to stay in London for university. watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend have been together for around two and a half years. I made it clear to my girlfriend since the start of my relationship that my plan is to do well in education and get away from certain negative aspects of my life in London (Such as being an atheist in a highly Islamic house hold) . I've applied to Exeter penryn campus and Glasgow. I've been accepted at Glasgow but would rather go to Exeter because it's nearer.

I can't go to UCL, Imperial, Kings due to very high grade requirements and LSE doesn't offer clearing. And I despised the Queen Mary Campus.

I k ow I'll regret it if I stay in London if we break up and I'll be stuck here and miserable. And even if we didn't break up I'm afraid I might still resent which I don't want to.

She says that she'll miss me too much, and that the distance to Penryn is too long and will make her fed up up after a while and hate me. There's also an issue an issue of trust, which to be honest I'm to blame for, but nothing seriously bad as cheating has ever happened nor has any incident occured since the last 7 months of our 2 and half year long relationship.

I just have no idea what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Put yourself first

ReputationRep:
    Leave mate, you're going uni, trying to keep relationships going in uni ain't gunna work. Plus, it's your life, think about how much better everything will be once you get out of London. She's the only thing holding you back.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't stay just for her, that's ridiculous. Also if she's saying she'll hate you because you'll be in a LDR then I would dump her anyway - if she truly cares about you she would never say she would hate you over something so ridiculous. If she can't be bothered to travel or Skype you regularly then you deserve someone better.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    *In Dawyne The Rock Johnson’s voice* It doesn’t matter what she wants!

ReputationRep:
    It will obviously be difficult for her if you move away but she's got to put your education first, if you both work hard you can still maintain the relationship. I genuinely think that if she loved you, she'd accept that you want to move away.

(Original post by The Night King)
    *In Dawyne The Rock Johnson’s voice* It doesn’t matter what she wants!
    yeah ok unless the roles were reversed...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.