Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even kidding, I'm obsessed with this game. I can't stop playing it. I have to start revising for my GCSE'S now, but I keep thinking about the game. aaaa help.

ReputationRep:
    Please have a read of this and think about whether you can relate to it: http://www.techaddiction.ca/computer...addiction.html

Do you have anybody who you can trust enough to talk to about this? If a computer game is taking over your life, then at best it's a compulsion, and possibly an addiction, and if by any chance you also happen to be struggling with any kind of mental health issues such as anxiety or depression then it almost certainly isn't going to be helping and might be making things worse.

Deep down you probably already know what the answer is if you've realised that it's a problem which is likely to affect your GCSEs; you need to purge it from your life altogether. Delete the game files, the online account and then never look back.

My first attempt at doing my A-levels were a disaster for almost the same reason. Being removed from all my courses after almost 2 years of work was a huge wakeup call that forced me into a lot of soul-searching about my future. I can tell you that it's a pretty brutal way to experience failure, and you really don't want to be in that position with your GCSEs.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.