Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I’ve applied and have been given an unconditional offer for environmental science with a foundation year from Plymouth, UEA and Keele University and I can’t decide which one to go to. I’d really appreciate if someone could tell me what the courses are like in any of those unis... are there a lot of field trips, what’s the course more focused on (I heard Plymouth focuses more on trees?) how does the uni help with employment and what’s the research level like?

Any other comments about the university, city and course will be great too!

Thanks in advance 🙏
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mamamia030)
    Hello!

I’ve applied and have been given an unconditional offer for environmental science with a foundation year from Plymouth, UEA and Keele University and I can’t decide which one to go to. I’d really appreciate if someone could tell me what the courses are like in any of those unis... are there a lot of field trips, what’s the course more focused on (I heard Plymouth focuses more on trees?) how does the uni help with employment and what’s the research level like?

Thanks in advance 🙏
    Info about course structure and content will be on the websites and you can find students here. Undergrads have limited involvement in research no matter where they are and unis will have careers services but you have to take ownership of your future. No one is going to chase you.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello!

Thanks in advance 🙏
    Hi mamamia030 - congratulations on your unconditional offers! :clap2:

So, I can't speak for Plymouth and Keele, but I can talk about the Environmental Science with Foundation Year at UEA.

Our School of Environmental Sciences was formed in 1967 and has recently been awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2017 in recognition of the contributions the School has made over the past 50 years. Our video below showcases the research we've been involved in, our interdisciplinary approach and examples of our student field trips

https://youtu.be/3UsQbVj531g

As alleycat393 suggested, you can find out more about the specific modules offered in our course profile here. We also recently filmed current Environmental Sciences students sharing their experiences of the course - I've popped the videos below for you to check out

Veronica
    Tim
    Sylvie

Career-wise, the School of Environmental Sciences at UEA has well-established links with some of the biggest industry names, which work alongside us in developing our students for graduate employment. You can find out more here.

Have you been to the applicant day at UEA yet? These days are a great opportunity to find out more about the course offered in detail, the teaching approaches, the academics, and the student life offered at UEA.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions on the course or UEA at all - I'm a UEA grad (2015) so well-equipped to answer any general questions, or can ask our academics for you if it is course-related

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia)
    Hi mamamia030 - congratulations on your unconditional offers! :clap2:

So, I can't speak for Plymouth and Keele, but I can talk about the Environmental Science with Foundation Year at UEA.

Our School of Environmental Sciences was formed in 1967 and has recently been awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2017 in recognition of the contributions the School has made over the past 50 years. Our video below showcases the research we've been involved in, our interdisciplinary approach and examples of our student field trips

https://youtu.be/3UsQbVj531g

As alleycat393 suggested, you can find out more about the specific modules offered in our course profile here. We also recently filmed current Environmental Sciences students sharing their experiences of the course - I've popped the videos below for you to check out

Veronica
    Tim
    Sylvie

Career-wise, the School of Environmental Sciences at UEA has well-established links with some of the biggest industry names, which work alongside us in developing our students for graduate employment. You can find out more here.

Have you been to the applicant day at UEA yet? These days are a great opportunity to find out more about the course offered in detail, the teaching approaches, the academics, and the student life offered at UEA.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions on the course or UEA at all - I'm a UEA grad (2015) so well-equipped to answer any general questions, or can ask our academics for you if it is course-related

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the information, it was very helpful, I will check out the links you provide! Also, do you know when the applicant days are for 2018? I can't seem to find anything on it.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the information, it was very helpful, I will check out the links you provide! Also, do you know when the applicant days are for 2018? I can't seem to find anything on it.
    Glad I could help! We have an upcoming Applicant Day for Environmental Sciences on Saturday 10th March. Please do check your email for your applicant day email. If you haven't received one, you can email us at appli[email protected] or call us on 01603 593251 and we will help get you booked in.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.