Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, everyone, I am writing something to vice-chancellor's team. But I cannot find the email addresses of them.

the website is an introduction to vice-chancellor's team without the email addresses.

could someone help me and provide some information?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by vangoph)
    Hello, everyone, I am writing something to vice-chancellor's team. But I cannot find the email addresses of them.

the website is an introduction to vice-chancellor's team without the email addresses.

could someone help me and provide some information?
    I dont believe there is one , but just contact the uni to ask.

The available e-mail addresses are
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/contact-us/

I expect you can write to individual members or just label it vice chancellors office/ team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I don't believe there is one, but just contact the uni to ask.

The available e-mail addresses are
    http://www.kingston.ac.uk/contact-us/

I expect you can write to individual members or just label it vice-chancellors office/ team.
    Thank you so much. One of my friends found one email address of one VC. And I have sent the accusation email to the Dean and VC, HR. Hope to deal with this incident quickly and fairly.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by vangoph)
    Thank you so much. One of my friends found one email address of one VC. And I have sent the accusation email to the Dean and VC, HR. Hope to deal with this incident quickly and fairly.
    Accusation e-mail does not sound very healthy . Maybe you should have used a different description. Direct accusations as e-mail are likely to be filtered out and ignored. Tread warily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Accusation e-mail does not sound very healthy. Maybe you should have used a different description. Direct accusations as e-mail are likely to be filtered out and ignored. Tread warily.
    Thank you very much. I thought little about the title.

It is about serious academic misconducts of a course director and one female student of his.

Actually, I am not the only one to report this incident. At first, the Dean responded to my friends that the University would take actions.

But a few weeks have been passed without nothing happened.

At this moment, we cannot get any response from the University. Maybe it should be more than the title problem.

ReputationRep:
    If you do not get a satisfactory response from the University, I suggest you go to the higher education adjudicator especially if the complaint is serious.Also contact the student newspaper, the river it might shame the university into doing something. A student over 18 is legally allowed to have a relationship with a member of staff providing it does not compromise the staff members integrity.If the staff member engaged in any non consential behaviour. I would not recommend using the internal processes of the university to sort the problem out but go straight to the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.roberts)
    If you do not get a satisfactory response from the University, I suggest you go to the higher education adjudicator especially if the complaint is serious.Also contact the student newspaper, the river it might shame the university into doing something. A student over 18 is legally allowed to have a relationship with a member of staff providing it does not compromise the staff members integrity.If the staff member engaged in any non-consensual behaviour. I would not recommend using the internal processes of the university to sort the problem out but go straight to the police.

I cannot say too much about this since the internal investigation has been in line. We hope to be treated fairly since it should be serious academic misconduct, related to integrity...we have strong evidence.

Thanks a lot...I think we should wait for the results from the university. If the result cannot satisfy us, for ex. the lecturer not fired...it would be a big double scandal for KU...by the way...the River might firstly protect the reputation of University..probably...

Hope to be treated fairly.

ReputationRep:
    The university has a time limit on how long complaints take to investigate (4-6 weeks I believe) If you don't get a satisfactory response the injured party can take it to the higher education obudsman.

The river is a lot better than it used to be . but failing that there are three protest sites run by former and current lecturers that would be interested.I cannot link due to low post count but google will show them well

A general comment from my experiance of the student complaints system at Kingston . it is designed to grind you down and make you give up so you need to be persistent.Do not give up, they may and try and dismiss your complaint based on semantic or minor procedural irregularities .They will look for any excuse to dismiss it and make it sound like your fault the complaint failed. If they do this go to the ombudsman

Secondly treat what the SU says with sceptism they will sometimes act against your interests particularly if there is wider reputational issues involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.roberts)
    The university has a time limit on how long complaints take to investigate (4-6 weeks I believe) If you don't get a satisfactory response the injured party can take it to the higher education obudsman.

The river is a lot better than it used to be . but failing that there are three protest sites run by former and current lecturers that would be interested.I cannot link due to low post count but google will show them well

A general comment from my experiance of the student complaints system at Kingston . it is designed to grind you down and make you give up so you need to be persistent.Do not give up, they may and try and dismiss your complaint based on semantic or minor procedural irregularities .They will look for any excuse to dismiss it and make it sound like your fault the complaint failed. If they do this go to the ombudsman

Secondly treat what the SU says with sceptism they will sometimes act against your interests particularly if there is wider reputational issues involved.
    Thank you very much. That lecturer has been suspended and the course has been also suspended. By the way, many students in Kingston University have known this scandal now.
    Delighted to see this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.