The Student Room Group

What University course options could I have from my Alevels?

I am in my first year of A levels and I am trying to find a career path to work towards as I always have a much higher work ethic when I work towards a goal. My A level choices are Biology, Chemistry and History, any interesting career paths for me? Would any of these A levels help me in a career where they are not directly needed, say if I went into a different field than these options? Or any really interesting courses that any of you have enjoyed? And what grades would be needed? TIA x
Well it depends how well you're doing, but you can study law with any subjects at all. You just need the grades.
Reply 2
Medicine is one
Original post by Crumpet1
Well it depends how well you're doing, but you can study law with any subjects at all. You just need the grades.

I believe I’ve got the potential to do quite well in them, I hadn’t considered law so thank you :smile:
Original post by The RAR
Medicine is one

I had considered this but want to make sure of all of my options first so thank you :smile:
With any degree you do you can go into the civil service fast stream :smile:
Original post by Phillip Banks
Medicine and Dentistry are pretty keen on applicants having Mathematics.

Law and the sciences perhaps?

Yes I thought medicine would require maths, or at least would prefer it and seeing how many people go for that degree I wasn’t sure how much of a chance I stood.

Could you go into some more detail on sciences? I think that’s where I would like to be heading but I’m unsure on what paths there are apart from the more obvious ones like the medicine and veterinary :smile:
Original post by Ddraigdwr2
With any degree you do you can go into the civil service fast stream :smile:

What sort of careers could come from that? :smile:
Original post by Phillip Banks
My mum lectures in Dentistry, it is very competitive and Maths/FM is desirable.

Biochemistry
Bio-medical science.
Biology
Chemistry

There is a huge list, my brother is doing Biomed and then a graduate application for medicine.

Thank you, that is really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest