Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Can anyone here tell me what kind of workload I can expect from a Primary PGCE? Someone who did the course a few years ago told me that during their placement, they would be in school from 7.30 to 5 and then spend the rest of the evening preparing lessons/materials for the next day until at night.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishJim)
    Hi all,

Can anyone here tell me what kind of workload I can expect from a Primary PGCE? Someone who did the course a few years ago told me that during their placement, they would be in school from 7.30 to 5 and then spend the rest of the evening preparing lessons/materials for the next day until at night.

Thanks
    I'm applying to the PGCE this year and from what I have gathered from other teachers and TT providers, the workload isn't difficult if you manage your time well. Don't forget that teachers now get time during school hours to plan lessons. It is called PPA time and all teachers have a entitlement to it.

Also, teachers have told me that they hardly ever make their own resources and simply use resources online as it saves a lot of time. They said they also re-use old resources as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishJim)
    Hi all,

Thanks
    That was the case for my friend who did it two years ago. She was leaving home at 6:30 as it took an hour to get there and was getting home for 7 and then doing notes in the evening.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.