Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've read experience 'would be preferred'. I'll be applying to start in Sep 2019, so got a while before I apply. I've looked into getting care jobs but they all require qualifications in care (which I know not every nursing student will have). I've never been more sure about what I want to do and how well I'd do it, but I really think I'd like to get some experience to write about.

What did you get?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lee_9797)
    I've read experience 'would be preferred'. I'll be applying to start in Sep 2019, so got a while before I apply. I've looked into getting care jobs but they all require qualifications in care (which I know not every nursing student will have). I've never been more sure about what I want to do and how well I'd do it, but I really think I'd like to get some experience to write about.

What did you get?
    Hi, I am a mature first year adult nursing student. When I applied I had voluntary experience in the emergency department of my local hospital, had about 18 months experience as a care assistant in a nursing home & a bank care assistant job in my local hospital.
    A lot of nursing homes don’t require experience or care qualifications for care assistant positions, and I have seen hospitals advertise vacancies that do not require experience too so it is worth looking around.

ReputationRep:
    During my college course I did placements in various care homes and one of them offered me work as a bank care assistant where I worked for 6 months before moving. This is what I had and in my interview I related to my experiences and received an offer
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.