Turn on thread page Beta

How old do you want to be when you get married? watch

ReputationRep:
    Some people have their futures mapped out, some don’t like to think more than two days ahead because that sh*t’s scary.

What age do you want to get married? How young is too young, how old is too old?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by TheAlchemistress and euphrosyne :love:

ReputationRep:
    mid/late twenties

ReputationRep:
    27. Young

28. Perfect

ReputationRep:
    35-40.

26/27/28
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    100 - means ive lived a long time

But before Im 30 I guess

ReputationRep:
    I want to wait until I’m financially independent and stable because I don’t think it should be only the man who supports the family.

As such, I’d say around 28 (would hopefully be in a secure job by then). I don’t think there’s such thing as too old, but I’d say anything below 21 is too young. I know there are a lot of females who don’t want to work and would rather just be a housewife so 21 seems reasonable as they would’ve matured enough by then to understand marriage and its responsibilities.

ReputationRep:
    I`d like to be 28-30 years old when i get married.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    25+

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Never!

It’s a piece of paper and is worthless!

Just turned 20. if i could get married now i really would but that's just unrealistic. So i would say maybe in 4 years time. When i'm like 24, i'm hoping i have my sh*t together by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Some people have their futures mapped out, some don’t like to think more than two days ahead because that sh*t’s scary.

What age do you want to get married? How young is too young, how old is too old?
    Which group do you fit into ...

when do you want to get married? What would you do if you aren't married by then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cat_mac)

Me - I don't set an age. As long as it's someone I like and the feeling's mutual, it's never too late.

What about you, OP?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not too early, I want to have a stable job and my own place first. I don't really set an age tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my husband were both 25 when we got married and had been together for nearly 9 years at that point. It felt like the right time to get married and we were older than the ages our parents and grandparents got married at back in the day.

To me it's not so much the age that matters when it comes to getting married - it's more about how mature you both are, how long you have been together, have experience living together and how compatible you are.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I got married a few months ago, I m 22

ReputationRep:
    I guess once I have a job and my own flat, I would want to get married. I mean I don't want be a old bride...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.