The Student Room Group

How old do you want to be when you get married?

Scroll to see replies

:dontknow:
25-30. I fancy some romantic stability by then. And I don’t mean that it will all be perfect (obviously not) I just mean I don’t want to be dating guy after guy anymore by then. I find dating exhausting but I enjoy it when I’m in the relationship rather than the chase
Personally, 23-26.
Never. Hate the idea of marriage.
It’s different for girls and guys since and depends on wether kids are in the plans or not. There’s too many variables to be able to just choose one age. For me I’d like to be able to watch my future kids grow up and leave the house and still be young enough to travel the world, buy properties, that sort of thing. So before 30 would be nice
Like most others here....

Spoiler

Reply 46
25+
Sweet spot is 28-32

sufficiently old enough to be well on my way career wise
over the age 25 mental/physiological/executive decision making maturity hurdle
probably more confident/comfortable having experienced what youth has to offer (lots of casual sex, partying and adventure); ready to slow down
more years of being an "actual" adult under my belt
not too old when kids grow up

Imo anyone uni age (18-24) or below getting married is too young.

Ofc life rarely goes to plan but ideally I'd be over 25 at least and hopefully younger than 40-45.
(edited 6 years ago)
35-40
approaching 40
Unless I'm given any sweet legal perks by getting married, I think I'll pass. It just doesn't carry any meaning to me, my relationship wouldn't change just because we carry rings
Never...Maybe
It's family tradition lol
I got married at 22, so many would consider me a “young bride” but I have absolutely no regrets, we have built our careers and futures together as a partnership.
Reply 54
I would love to be 28/29 when I get married. I can't keep a boyfriend though, so... 😂
25-26.
This is my personal opinion, I wouldn’t get married before this age because I know I wouldn’t have my life together, I would like to be mentally and financially stable before I marry someone, also I wouldn’t wait longer because my mum had me when she was young and I wouldn’t like to be an “old mum”.
But then again, these are just my plans. If I’m 23 and I find the love of my life anything could change, haha
30. Need to timetable some fun first.
23 lol
mabye when im in my late 70s.
I dunno maybe like 24 or something but I wanna be a semi-famous DJ/music producer so like I'm not gonna have time to worry about my dating life lmao but 24, 25, 26 r good ages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending