Turn on thread page Beta

How do you not get distracted when revising watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys cope with revision when there are so many distractions? Does anyone have any advice on how to concentrate during revision sessions because I need to use my phone research purposes, so it’s really hard to concentrate with your phone around.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    personally for me, i download any resources i need, i do maths further maths and physics so the only thing i need are answers online, but i can usually download what i need through pdf's. I download everything for everything i plan to cover and i may need whether or not i plan to use it.

I also have an internet free music app where i downloaded some relaxing instrumental music, mainly piano cause i find it really helps me concentrate although most of the time i usually listen to normal music, the piano music is for when i REALLY need to concentrate

Lastly i work alone in my room, my desk faces a wall so i cant look at anything distracting, and i disconnect my phone from the internet, it doesnt bother me since i hardly use my phone anyway.

If you NEED your phone, do your research first, screenshot everything you need if you cant download it, then cut wifi from your phone, thats what i do and i dont know my wifi password off by heart, my phone hasnt been connected to the internet for like 4 days now since i use my laptop for the internet if i need it.

Hopefully any of my points helped Good luck, not getting distracted is super hard so i feel ya

ReputationRep:
    I know it is an often stated thing, but back in the day, before smart phones, we were able to research. And exams were harder in my day. And I've got all my own teeth.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, I also do maths, further maths and physics so I will do the same!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.