Turn on thread page Beta

not sure why this guy is obsessed with me? watch

Announcements

I've just gotten out of a serious relationship, I'm not looking to date anybody right now, he knows this. He's a male friend I've met once and remember vaguely. He's had a crush on me as long as I've known. As soon as he knew I was single, over the past 2 days he's send me 20 shirtless pictures of his abs.

He's calls me late at night repeatedly, I don't answer He's constantly calling me 'babe' and 'cutie', asking me to like his FB pictures, and saying things like 'come over, free house' when he knows I'm upset over my break up. He's already text me 7 times today demanding I see him this weekend, then rows of question marks because it's taken me a few hours to reply?! I barely even respond to him, and he's coming on too strong. Is he actually trying to take advantage of the fact I'm vulnerable right now and behaving like a ****boy?

ReputationRep:
    You know there’s a block button right

ReputationRep:
    just block him or be blunt with him about how you feel

(Original post by Casisalive)
    You know there’s a block button right
    I already blocked him once a year ago, and he knows this. We got into contact again and I thought he would've matured. He's obsessing over me the same way he did the first time. I didn't really want to resort to blocking again if I could help it. I'm trying to brush him off politely by just paying little to no attention to him.

ReputationRep:
    Just block the guy again
    Ain't a difficult solution is it know?

ReputationRep:
    He's not got any respect for you whatsoever, block him.

ReputationRep:
    Just be straightforward with him. Tell him you’re not interested. You don’t mind being friends but that’s all. Tell him you’re finding his behaviour inappropriate and not respectful towards your feelings.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I already blocked him once a year ago, and he knows this. We got into contact again and I thought he would've matured. He's obsessing over me the same way he did the first time. I didn't really want to resort to blocking again if I could help it. I'm trying to brush him off politely by just paying little to no attention to him.

Well clearly he hasn't changed (and he is ignoring your discomfort and polite hints), so you need to get tough. No more chances- if you don't actually want him to treat you like this, then don't allow it! Block him.

The guys behaviour is very obsessive and OTT and personally I would recommend staying well clear of him altogether.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.