Turn on thread page Beta

Draw a little every day competition! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Welcome to TSR's Draw a little every day competition! :pierre:

Are you interested in showing off your artistic talents, and potentially winning £30 worth of art supplies? All you have to do is make a thread in Creative Corner, post a link here to make sure I see it, and then upload a new picture or sketch that you've created every day (or as often as you can manage) for a month. A winner will then be picked by myself and a few other volunteers, based on things such as creativity, quality and quantity.

The competition will run from Monday 5th of March until Friday 6th of April, so start arting~
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Entries:

Sketching Up Some Drawings - Chronoscope

Laura draws (with varying success) - laurawatt

Doggy Doodles - Little Tail Chaser

Artsy me!? - donut_mckenzie28

Nub draws - abbynub

IKEAPanda37's attempt at creativity :P - IKEAPanda37

LadyEcliptic's attempt at maintaining drawing schedules ;-; - LadyEcliptic

kiindling tries to frantically draw every day - kiindling

ReputationRep:
    Does good artistic skill matter because i cant draw more than a few circles and lines
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    Does good artistic skill matter because i cant draw more than a few circles and lines
    I'd say go for it anyway if you're interested. :yep: That's about as far as my artistic talents go as well. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'd say go for it anyway if you're interested. :yep: That's about as far as my artistic talents go as well. :p:
    I’ll draw you a full anime cut out for free but £30 for P&P
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In :yes: I'll be having a go
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Chronoscope)
    In :yes: I'll be having a go
    Awesome!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well I draw everyday as part of my degree so may as well do this. Not with uni work though obviously. Tbh though I feel like this is something that tsr wouldn't actually give out if someone won
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Well I draw everyday as part of my degree so may as well do this. Not with uni work though obviously. Tbh though I feel like this is something that tsr wouldn't actually give out if someone won
    I got the go-ahead from the CT to offer that prize; if they don't deliver, I'll chase them up until they do. :yes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I got the go-ahead from the CT to offer that prize; if they don't deliver, I'll chase them up until they do. :yes:
    Prizes get offered that never happen though. The Freshers blog stuff was never kept updated even though that was apparently meant to run for a year, Halloween/Christmas colouring stuff is always forgotten and Christmas jumper stuff never happened. Tbh I could very much do with £30 of art stuff given how expensive promarkers are (am not saying I expect to win if I entered just on the off chance that I did win) but if they aren't going to follow through then what's the point.
    Also ik that i didnt enter the fresher's thing despite having a blog but the thread of winners was never updated. If people say they are going to do stuff then they need to actually do it or dont offer it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Prizes get offered that never happen though. The Freshers blog stuff was never kept updated even though that was apparently meant to run for a year, Halloween/Christmas colouring stuff is always forgotten and Christmas jumper stuff never happened. Tbh I could very much do with £30 of art stuff given how expensive promarkers are (am not saying I expect to win if I entered just on the off chance that I did win) but if they aren't going to follow through then what's the point.
    Sorry to hear that; I tend not to be involved in many TSR competitions for prizes (aside from a few rep boosts now and then), so this is my first time hearing about this.

If the winner hasn't received a prize within a reasonable amount of time afterwards (and I'd expect them to have been contacted about it within a week, at the very least), then I won't let it drop. The CT know that I don't let things drop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ooooohhh :ninja:
    might have a go....

do they have to be full proper drawings or can they be smaller doodles?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sorry to hear about this; I tend not to be involved in many TSR competitions for prizes (aside from a few rep boosts now and then), so this is my first time hearing about this.

If the winner hasn't received a prize within a reasonable amount of time afterwards (and I'd expect them to have been contacted about it within a week, at the very least), then I won't let it drop. The CT know that I don't let things drop.
    Thanks AJ i dont actually care about material things or prizes (well apart from this cos it would be useful ) is just the principle
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by laurawatt)
    ooooohhh :ninja:
    might have a go....

do they have to be full proper drawings or can they be smaller doodles?
    Any size is fine. :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    here's mine
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post76437366
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Also ik that i didnt enter the fresher's thing despite having a blog but the thread of winners was never updated. If people say they are going to do stuff then they need to actually do it or dont offer it.
    Oh dear. I'll look into that. It gets a little confusing with the different people involved. And christmas time doesn't exactly help.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Subbing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wanna do this but I tend to not have time for living so
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Living is more important. :yes: :console:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Oh dear. I'll look into that. It gets a little confusing with the different people involved. And christmas time doesn't exactly help.
    you dont have to, i genuinely dont care about material things. Just think tsr could do with some constructive criticism r.e competitions as they seem to run too many at once or run one and then launch another one and not finish the first one properly

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    drawing = life though

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.