Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by DrXavier)
    I am Arab - I personally think Somali girls can be attractive.

I am not sure why you hate being black, but you should not. You should learn about your culture more, this may help you identify more with your own identity.
    I know quite a LOT about somali culture bcause i am surrounded by my culture but i still HATE it if u get what i mean. And the bit about you being arab and finding some somali girls attractive acc made me smile

(Original post by UWS)
    Deal with it. Unless you want to whiten your skin colour somehow, you'll have to make do with what you are.
    I use skin lighteners if that makes any difference? I know i guess...

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    assuming you're a girl

regardless black people are awesome, if its one thing i've learned growing up in ye olde england is that you shoudn't have to be ashamed who you are , and if people say otherwise then they're the ones who need to change

you're awesome
    Thank you so much xx one of the only helpful comments on this thread. You are r8 about ppl telling me to change, even my mum telling me a am rlly dark upsets me :ashamed2: Ive also learnt that i can be who i want to be in england and i hope that is the case in the future. U are more awesomeee!! Thank you xxx

(Original post by ChloeLouise'xo)
    Babe black men are fya
    Not rlly. Everyone is attracted to someone and i dont see anything in black guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not rlly. Everyone is attracted to someone and i dont see anything in black guys.
    then you must simply be blind. white men are ugly black men are fya. so good looking and that's coming from a white girl
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is you're not black soooo whats the problem

(Original post by p_s79)
    hi love,
    learn to love your skin and culture! they are so beautiful. i'm a dark skin south asian girl and proud-but that doesn't mean we don't have flaws in our culture. somali girls are strong and beautiful and BLACK and theres nothing wrong about that. as for your skin, honestly dark skin IS incredible no matter what anyone else says.
    i hope you find peace xx
    THANK YOUUU!!! I also hope i find peace. I find that proves that people can be so nice at times :-p There can be flaws in any culture tbh and i love how you think about somali girls, it fills me with hope and happiness!!! I hope i have and 'incredible' personality, i also hope that i learn to embrace my skin colour. From the bottom of my heart, Thank you xx

(Original post by ChloeLouise'xo)
    then you must simply be blind. white men are ugly black men are fya. so good looking and that's coming from a white girl
    Hahaha that has kinda made ma day I guess black guys are how u roll huh

(Original post by 0lut0)
    But the thing is you're not black soooo whats the problem
    I am....

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that has kinda made ma day I guess black guys are how u roll huh
    Yes 😉
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by justanotherchica)
    what are you talking about?
    I'm a South Asian girl, and the place I work has a lot of Somalian girls.
    I'm kind of in awe at how pretty they all are, like they have really sharp bone feature, tall and thin but with nice features and the smoothest skin. I feel inadequate lol...
    You should never feel inadequete, you are probs beautiful af. And i guess there are quite a lot of pretty somali girls from ure place, i do not have any of those features tbh

(Original post by goggleyed)
    Is this Fasih123 too? sounds a bit like him
    ????????? I am a girl and what does he say?? acc rlly curious

(Original post by justanotherchica)
    some somalian guys are peng
    yh someeeee. There none where i live tho lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much xx one of the only helpful comments on this thread. You are r8 about ppl telling me to change, even my mum telling me a am rlly dark upsets me :ashamed2: Ive also learnt that i can be who i want to be in england and i hope that is the case in the future. U are more awesomeee!! Thank you xxx
    stay strong <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    I've seen girls who have specific attraction to East Asian guys due to obvious reasons but South Asian guys (and Middle eastern)....this is a first.

As for your hatred towards your skin colour and culture, if it's coz that stereotypical belief that South Asians do not find black people attractive? That is...true to a degree (Seen only 2 couples with the female being black whilst easily over 10 where the male is black).

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a LOT about somali culture bcause i am surrounded by my culture but i still HATE it if u get what i mean. And the bit about you being arab and finding some somali girls attractive acc made me smile
    I am glad it made you smile! PM me if you like ... happy to talk to you about it, because I think your perspective on these things is such a shame!

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOUUU!!! I also hope i find peace. I find that proves that people can be so nice at times :-p There can be flaws in any culture tbh and i love how you think about somali girls, it fills me with hope and happiness!!! I hope i have and 'incredible' personality, i also hope that i learn to embrace my skin colour. From the bottom of my heart, Thank you xx
    you are so welcome X

Allah SWT doesn't make mistakes, you are who you are for a good reason, embrace it!

And for the record, east African girls are drop dead gorgeous! MashaAllah

ReputationRep:
    call ,me a coon and whatever but i seriously hate being black. The culture, my skin tone!!! I dont know how to combat these feelings. I would so much rather be south Asian or middle eastern because i am acc attracted to them but i am repelled by Somalis (which i am btw). How do i change feeling like this coz i just makes me feel down? I feel like i can pull Asian guys and i just hate being black. Like EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!! AMA if u need more info about anything. Someone plz helppp

loveleest why have you not commented??

If this were a black male making that post you would be tearing into him for being a "self hater" by now.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I don't like being asain/Bengali
    -My size (16 years, height of a year 5)
    -Asian/Muslim. Insert Stereotypes.
    -Parents. We all know how this is going down
    -Culture.
    -"Bengali's eat fish....BAHAHAHAHAHAH"

But fam, they WANT you to feel down. They WANT you to feel like ****, in order to make themselves feel better about their own race. They WANT you to hate the colour of your skin, your ethnicity, your culture, your mothers tongue; all the things that define you, things you should be proud of, they want you to despise all of it!

Don't give in g. Keep your head up, your talented and amazing how you are. Just need to learn to gain confidence and appreciate yourself for who you are-that's the KEY to SUCCESS! (I watch too much DJ khaled duudeee I swear ;DD)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.