Turn on thread page Beta

is instagram getting cringey? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think that instagram has gotten so cringey with people constantly posting fake pics of themselves trying to portray an image of themselves thats not true. I stopped using insta a while ago because of this. Does it bother anyone else? A lot of people i know have noticed this too.

it's like you can just reek the desperation in every picture adn the effort that went into it and how desperate they are to get likes and so they will post it on their stories too and ask you personally to leave a like and comment on their picture. I get so many of these messages. just.. why?

ReputationRep:
    yes. a lot of people on there will do anything to get the most aesthetic picture so they can boost their virtual ego slightly for a few minutes before wanting more likes. it's just so cringe.

DEff! i stopped insta after a year because i was turning into a cringey desperate weirdo. its all about likes and portraying yourself in a way that people will 'like' you. honestly its so stupid now..

ReputationRep:
    This is what all social media is lmao, it's a toxic circlejerk. This is nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    DEff! i stopped insta after a year because i was turning into a cringey desperate weirdo. its all about likes and portraying yourself in a way that people will 'like' you. honestly its so stupid now..
    I tried to rep you but apaprently ive already repped you today, i wonder who you are

but yes, me too. I fell into that trap about a year ago but ive completely stopped, i ocassionally go on it now jsut to see what my friends are up to. but honestly, it's just too fake. like whyyy you tryinn so hard fo?!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Social media is pretty sad. i stopped using it for like a year already.

ReputationRep:
    You have these idiots who post insta vs reality pics every day with the same long ass caption talking about positivity and all that cringeworthy fake ass **** its annoying asf especially when a fit chick posts it you know that **** is recycled cos the only thing they're good at is posting pics of their fat ass
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    You have these idiots who post insta vs reality pics every day with the same long ass caption talking about positivity and all that cringeworthy fake ass **** its annoying asf especially when a fit chick posts it you know that **** is recycled cos the only thing they're good at is posting pics of their fat ass
    Which often times is not even earned through squats...just implants or genetics.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't have copied Snapchat

ReputationRep:
    It’s the land of catfishing. I stay so far away from it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is full of haters :moon:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    This thread is full of haters :moon:
    Nah bro, it’s just the harsh reality. This is coming from a guy who used to post fitness pics on instagram. It’s just beyond try-hard

ReputationRep:
    yeah, selfies in general are mostly always cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Nah bro, it’s just the harsh reality. This is coming from a guy who used to post fitness pics on instagram. It’s just beyond try-hard
    I'll say that some people misuse Instagram, but many people use it to produce content that entertains, pursue their hobbies, marketing and publicizing their hard work.

Social media is the future
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I'll say that some people misuse Instagram, but many people use it to produce content that entertains, pursue their hobbies, marketing and publicizing their hard work.

Social media is the future
    Yeah those people that post cool scenary photos...I can appreciate that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Which often times is not even earned through squats...just implants or genetics.
    Not to mention, giving yourself a wedgie is the cheapest bum-lift available, all the fitness chicks seem to have their bottoms pulled right up their arse crack :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have instagram
    Don't really understand the concept

ReputationRep:
    A few friends tried to get me onto it a while back. It ended up just being thousands of selfies of them on holiday trying to copy the normal Instagram cliche photos. There were a few good people that I came across who used it for genuinly creative purposes - especially some photographers accounts, which were amazing to go through.. but mostly it was just trash.

How to do holiday photos not like a ********:

Spoiler:
    Show

Take a camera/phone..
    take lots of pictures of the people you are with, and the places you go to.. no more then 20% should be of you..
    Don't post pictures to social media whilst your on your trip
    When you get back, sort through them and pick out the best 40-50 tops.
    Print them out and put them in an album/book

Why? Because anyone who you care about enough, will see you in person eventually, and can look through the book. If you have people far away that you absolutely never see, then post a small selection 5-10 to social media, but still make the book. Albums and books are amazing because firstly, people have far more patience to look through a nicely laid out album then 300 un-sorted photos dumped on social media.. but most of all: It lasts.

In 20 years time when your kids, or in 50 years time when your grandkids want to see your family photos you will be much more happy if you can point them to a shelf of photo books/albums, rather then having to say 'well they were all on instagram' only to have your grandkids ask 'whats instagram?'.

This is also the rason for the no more then 20 selfies. I love looking through my grandmas photos, and I digitised all of them a while back. They are like a little chunk of time - I can see what she was like, but also see all the people she was with, and see where she went, and what mattered to her. Its lovely. Then I go and look at my cousins photos, who has a small child. 90% of the photos from before he was born are her face infront of a camera. When he is 20 and wants to look back and see his mothers photos, hes going to be disappointed.

It's typical for social media though

ReputationRep:
    depends who you follow

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.