The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

I got with my ex 4years ago after coming out of an abusive relationship, we got on really well for about 2 years but then I cheated on him 😔 we tryed to make it work but we ended up splitting up , but we was on and off ever since we decided to get back together witch lasted about 3 months witch then he cheated on me twice 😔 witch I most probably deserve. Now we have been split up about a year but I still love him and he still loves me , we can both leave the past behind and start again there's still trust there from both sides but his family don't like me and mine don't like him . I don't know if we should get back together or leave it , I'm really happy when I'm with him and he's also brought my son up since he was 1yr old he sees him as a dad he loves him to bits I really don't want to hurt my son . Do I just ignore what ever one else thinks and juSt do what makes us happy ? I'm so confused as soo much has happened in the relationship but we both feel it's made us stronger ?
Only you can answer this. Is it more likely to work out now or not? What happens if one of you mess up? Talk it through with someone, look at the pros and cons of everything then make up your mind.
Does he want to get back together?

Maybe the relationship between you your ex and your families can be repaired. Hopefully.

But, remember this when you are in a long-term relationship and especially once you are married you 'marry' the whole family. Very difficult to separate away from the people who have loved you and known you your entire life. Family does matter so try to make it work.
Reply 3
Original post by Hopefully1

Maybe the relationship between you your ex and your families can be repaired. Hopefully.

But, remember this when you are in a long-term relationship and especially once you are married you 'marry' the whole family. Very difficult to separate away from the people who have loved you and known you your entire life. Family does matter so try to make it work.

I have nothing against his family I like them they just don't like me because of everything that's happened x and yes he dose want to be with me . We both know we want each other were just worried about everyone else
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully1

I have nothing against his family I like them they just don't like me because of everything that's happened x and yes he dose want to be with me . We both know we want each other were just worried about everyone else
Original post by Anonymous

I think the only thing you can do is to sit down with your ex and discuss how you two can rectify things with your families. Make a plan and follow through. The thing is, as you've witnessed, relationships affect more than just the couple. If there have been fights and breakups, tears and heartfelt discussions about how terrible things have been with your family or if your family and friends have witnessed bad behavior the idea of a reunion is stressful for them. The fight/break up drama affects them and their lives as well. So, know (really, really know) that the past bad behavior and hurtful breakups are a thing of the past. Don't keep putting yourselves and your families in that position if you are not 110% committed (both of you) to being good, faithful, fully committed to each other partners. Once you've established your commitment to each other go and talk to your affected family members and any concerned friends. Go together and have an open (be ready for it to be hard with lots of tough questions) discussion with them. Both of you need to keep your tempers and emotional outburst in check and don't have that type of a response. Then when you lay out your plan of how this time it will be different then ask for their support. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending