Turn on thread page Beta

do men always want to marry a girl several years younger? watch

ReputationRep:
    so my family the other day said all men want girls that are younger than them so for example a 28 year old women can only marry a guy thats like 32 + or a 25 year old guy would want a girl thats like 21 or 22.
    They're traditional and religous so..
    I was kinda shocked and I can't believe it. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    In Pakistan it's true and I wouldn't to marry someone who's several years younger than me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    depends person to person really. I'd say typically though the guy is 1 or 2 years older. My dad is 6 years older than my mum btw. My grandad is actually 2 years younger than my grandmum though, so really it does depend

ReputationRep:
    It’s definitely not true. There are some relationships where the age gap is massive, and then there are some relationships where there’s no age gap at all. Every man is different. And anyways, age should not matter when it comes to love.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First of all I’ll never marry.

But I personally would date a girl ranged 18 to 40(m**f). It’s only because I’m 19 now though. When I’ll be over 40 I’d still be attracted to 18 to 40 age bracket.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    so my family the other day said all men want girls that are younger than them so for example a 28 year old women can only marry a guy thats like 32 + or a 25 year old guy would want a girl thats like 21 or 22.
    They're traditional and religous so..
    I was kinda shocked and I can't believe it. Is this true?
    It's not definitely true. It's true to an extent. I feel that it is because females are more mature than males (at the same age). Obviously this is a massive stereotype and there are exceptions everywhere.

(Original post by euphrosyne)
    It’s definitely not true. There are some relationships where the age gap is massive, and then there are some relationships where there’s no age gap at all. Every man is different. And anyways, age should not matter when it comes to love.
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    "do men always want to marry a girl several years younger?"

Several zeroes richer on their bank account is also acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's mainly that women are generally more mature than men (at the same age) and like stability, both of which they're more likely to find in an older partner

All depends on the man in question, what life was like for him growing up and how secure he turned out as a result.

I mean don't you ever notice the pattern of how its always the socially awkward or butt-ugly or loser kids at school (and throughout life) who tend to turn out to be the most creepiest and most likely to want the best of everything. Same way its always the lower or working class people who desires to have the flashiest cars and always be dressed from head to toe in designer fashions, because they were poor when growing up and desired to live like the other half so naturally assumed that by flashing their wealth in peoples faces it will scream 'look at me, I'm rich just like you people' even though the genuine middle or upper class folk have never had the burning desire to show off. because they KNOW they are rich, therefore they don't need to prove themselves to anyone.

Likewise if he always struggled to get himself a woman when growing up, chances are he will be the type who will only swipe right on all the solid 9s and 10s, basically the representation of all the popular girls in high school who rejected him. Therefore the usual demographic is - anything from 18-early 20s, thin, plastered in make up and looks like a 'popular girl'. The type of woman that all his mates will (in his head) 'envy' him for or assume that hes 'normal' because he managed to get a hot girl or even high-five him for it. And if shes not as hot, or hes TOO old to pull a stunner, he still needs something that will give him the 'wow factor' therefore if nothing else she has to be much younger than him so that his older peers will still (in his head) secretly envy him for having a younger chick in his bed... even if the younger girl is only with him for his money.

sure people will also assume he goes for younger because her skin is firmer, less baggage or shes more fertile (even if older guy has no desire to have children) or he wants someone young enough to look after him, those are all true enough but a guy could still get all of that with a woman who is merely 10 years younger than him so why the need for her to be young enough to be his daughter. the one who want really young are either what i said above (desperate to prove themselves to the world) or just straight out creeps. those who were secure with themselves right from the beginning, always had no trouble attracting women are the types who are comfortable enough to date a woman within their own age bracket because these are the ones who are genuinely looking for love, not something fake.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.