Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently doing the first year of a level 3 applied science and I was just wondering if it would be possible to go to uni on a law course with a level 3 in AS ? I haven't made up my mind to what I want to do as if yet but I think I'd like to do something with law.

ReputationRep:
    Check the university websites. They tend to cover every possible qualification that applicants may offer.

What universities - broadly speaking - would you like to study at? In which parts of the country?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TheUndecidedGirl)
    Hi, I am currently doing the first year of a level 3 applied science and I was just wondering if it would be possible to go to uni on a law course with a level 3 in AS ? I haven't made up my mind to what I want to do as if yet but I think I'd like to do something with law.
    Law has no specific subject requirements, so yes perfectly possible.
    Most unis accept BTEC, but your Level 3 needs to be the extended diploma and you need to have the correct grades. As high as possible. Think DDD or DDM.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking at going to one called kings college in London and have checked the website they said the house accept level 3 extended diploma which is the course I do but I wasn't sure if it would count as it's Applied Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Law has no specific subject requirements, so yes perfectly possible.
    Most unis accept BTEC, but your Level 3 needs to be the extended diploma and you need to have the correct grades. As high as possible. Think DDD or DDM.
    Yeah that's the course I'm doing in AS. That's good then, I wasnt sure if it would be possible and yeah so fair I'm getting D's hopefully I can keep it up .
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TheUndecidedGirl)
    Yeah that's the course I'm doing in AS. That's good then, I wasnt sure if it would be possible and yeah so fair I'm getting D's hopefully I can keep it up .
    On the entrance requirements it will say further down in the qualifications the BTEC grade needed. It will state in terms of three grades what they want DDD would be typical. You cna get in with lower, but then yu are heading down the ladder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.