Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to go to university or do a apprenticeship. I know I will need money though so I have applied but I really don't want to do it. Is there a way I can make a passive income or work from home
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do you not want to do it Steve?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have start-up money, passive income is not possible. I left school at 16 with brilliant GCSEs and ill health, I could not do anything and I really do think it will cause issues in the long-term for me. Unless you already have something, just stick it out.

ReputationRep:
    Try it with an open mind. You might enjoy it. Unless you have any better ideas...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve5427)
    Don't want to go to university or do a apprenticeship. I know I will need money though so I have applied but I really don't want to do it. Is there a way I can make a passive income or work from home
    Get a job

ReputationRep:
    Find something you enjoy. Make a business out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Passive income comes with sensible investments that you make over the course of working for a decade or two. Depending on your lifestyle and responsibilities, you could retire quickly on a modest passive income.

Do the apprenticeship in something that pays well (plumbing, electrics etc), work for yourself after a few years or start your own business, invest that money, and then finally relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Why do you not want to do it Steve?
    I want to be able to enjoy life
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I want to be able to enjoy life
    Uni is only 3-5 years. You’ll have all the time in the world to enjoy life after it while also having a nice salary

ReputationRep:
    have been dabbling with books in passive income; there are yt summaries might be of help

4 hour work week
    rich dad poor dad
    think and grow rich

ReputationRep:
    Uni is only 3-5 years. You’ll have all the time in the world to enjoy life after it while also having a nice salary
    Not really as I don't want a job

ReputationRep:
    Nobody wants to go to work. We would all love to stay at home and make a passive income playing computer games for a few hours a day. But it’s just tough, you HAVE to go out and earn money.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not really as I don't want a job
    And how exactly do you expect to make money then...by winning the lottery?

ReputationRep:
    And how exactly do you expect to make money then...by winning the lottery?
    I have applied to apprenticeship. I just want to be able to live for free

ReputationRep:
    Pm me

ReputationRep:
    Maybe start a business? You could also try doing stocks. Or go to town and do an act.

Get a degree or apprenticeship, that would be a good start.
    Can't rely on strokes of luck to get through the cycle that is life.

Trust me..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.