Turn on thread page Beta

Dropping Out of University - What to do do next? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm a first year Psychology student, and I've decided that I would like to drop out of university at the end of the year due to me not enjoying university life and the course itself. I have recently found that I really do not want to graduate / study to become a psychologist. However, since I am this far into the year it has been decided that I will finish the year and then drop out.

I've applied for a Science college course which seems to be much better suited to what I would like to do, and will open up the right opportunities for me. However, this course is only two days a week, and will mean that I will have to move in with my parents again. This means I will have five days with nothing to do.

I have a cashier job part-time, and this could fulfil some of my days, but I feel that I would like to have something else to fill the rest of the days when I'm not studying or at work, but I'm really not sure what else to do. e.g. extra work hours, another course, etc.?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    Hi

I'm a first year Psychology student, and I've decided that I would like to drop out of university at the end of the year due to me not enjoying university life and the course itself. I have recently found that I really do not want to graduate / study to become a psychologist. However, since I am this far into the year it has been decided that I will finish the year and then drop out.

I've applied for a Science college course which seems to be much better suited to what I would like to do, and will open up the right opportunities for me. However, this course is only two days a week, and will mean that I will have to move in with my parents again. This means I will have five days with nothing to do.

I have a cashier job part-time, and this could fulfil some of my days, but I feel that I would like to have something else to fill the rest of the days when I'm not studying or at work, but I'm really not sure what else to do. e.g. extra work hours, another course, etc.?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Maybe get some relevant work experience in areas that interest you so that you can work out what you want to do next?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.