Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im extremely lost right now. im really hating A levels atm partly because its boring, i dont 'fit' in with people, like i dont like or connect with people in the sixth form, im trying to figure out who i am as a person and i have no idea what i want to do in life/the future... i dont find A levels hard its just really boring and i dont find anything interesting, at all, everything seems so uninteresting even though ive tried to search into different career paths that will lead me to different things. and it makes it, even more, harder to have to go sixth form every day because i don't like anyone in it, they're all so boring and don't do anything fun or exciting, i have a few friends i stick with but i have to force myself into the conversation and its not like i can make new friends because pretty much everyone in the sixth form i have talked to and gotten to know are boring and just not like me, like we dont 'click'. what should i do? i can't just leave because i need A levels as a foundation qualification (although i did well in my GCSEs) and my parents won't let me anyway and i agree as i have no further plans or interests or clue what i should do next or get into. all of this is making me more sad and depressed, the fact that i dont have good close friends i get along with and that im losing interest in everything and ive just become such a dull boring person too. as well as having no motivation or plans for the future. (im in yr 12 btw).
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    im extremely lost right now. im really hating A levels atm partly because its boring, i dont 'fit' in with people, like i dont like or connect with people in the sixth form, im trying to figure out who i am as a person and i have no idea what i want to do in life/the future... i dont find A levels hard its just really boring and i dont find anything interesting, at all, everything seems so uninteresting even though ive tried to search into different career paths that will lead me to different things. and it makes it, even more, harder to have to go sixth form every day because i don't like anyone in it, they're all so boring and don't do anything fun or exciting, i have a few friends i stick with but i have to force myself into the conversation and its not like i can make new friends because pretty much everyone in the sixth form i have talked to and gotten to know are boring and just not like me, like we dont 'click'. what should i do? i can't just leave because i need A levels as a foundation qualification (although i did well in my GCSEs) and my parents won't let me anyway and i agree as i have no further plans or interests or clue what i should do next or get into. all of this is making me more sad and depressed, the fact that i dont have good close friends i get along with and that im losing interest in everything and ive just become such a dull boring person too. as well as having no motivation or plans for the future. (im in yr 12 btw).
    What do you do in your free time?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have job? Hobbies? Maybe volunteer?
    Is this disinterest and finding people boring something you've always struggled with or is it new to you? Maybe try takking to someone about it.
    You need a bit of a goal in mind to feel aome motivation for the future.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    What do you do in your free time?
    i literally, waste soo much time. procrastinate on Instagram, snapchat and the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Do you have job? Hobbies? Maybe volunteer?
    Is this disinterest and finding people boring something you've always struggled with or is it new to you? Maybe try takking to someone about it.
    You need a bit of a goal in mind to feel aome motivation for the future.
    i was tryying to look for a job but i gave up afterwards (rejected a bit :P) and i got busy doing school work and no hobbies i lost them all since ive been lazy and busy with school... its fairly recent ive been feeling this way- ever since GCSEs (yyr 10/11) ive become dull and bored of things and people.

ReputationRep:
    This is so sad to here , but trust me things will only improve . You have one year of a levels , I recommended you to take a gap year and travel and find out who you are this will benefit your wellbeing . What job you want will come to you naturally . But for now do volunteering spend time with family and concentrate on your education . So when the time is right when you have a gao year / uni you will feel so much better !! Best luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrine12)
    This is so sad to here , but trust me things will only improve . You have one year of a levels , I recommended you to take a gap year and travel and find out who you are this will benefit your wellbeing . What job you want will come to you naturally . But for now do volunteering spend time with family and concentrate on your education . So when the time is right when you have a gao year / uni you will feel so much better !! Best luck
    aww thank you so much - ur advice was so simple yet so impactful and its really helped me think. i think i will do that ! thanks ! x
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    i literally, waste soo much time. procrastinate on Instagram, snapchat and the internet.
    What on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    Just get through your A-levels. Once you finish them you will have so much more free time and you’ll end up having to use it more productively.
    Also lighten up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    What on the internet?
    just watch youtube videos mainly and go on Pinterest sometimes - aswell as watching LOTS of movies and tv shows....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    just watch youtube videos mainly and go on Pinterest sometimes - aswell as watching LOTS of movies and tv shows....
    Yt videos about what?
    Which movies and tv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yt videos about what?
    Which movies and tv?
    pretty much anything that comes up in my recommended... sometimes they are quite helpful/educational in the way that i learn about different parts of the world. like geographical / nature videos, lots of cooking videos and food videos, mini-documentaries sometimes - all sorts. ( im not into any of that vlog stuff tho and i dont watch specific YouTubers like zoella :P )
    and tv shows i watch some anime here and there lots of crime tv shows - sometimes real life documentary type of tv shows based on true stories - tv shows that have different concepts and plot twists - mainly psychological thriller and mystery. and its the same for movies (i usually watch more movies than tv shows)- psychological - thriller - crime-mystery movies. but i dont mind watching any movie tbh - i like almost all movies and can watch pretty much anything (but i prefer mystery - thriller etc stuff).

ReputationRep:
    Same man

ReputationRep:
    pretty much anything that comes up in my recommended... sometimes they are quite helpful/educational in the way that i learn about different parts of the world. like geographical / nature videos, lots of cooking videos and food videos, mini-documentaries sometimes - all sorts. ( im not into any of that vlog stuff tho and i dont watch specific YouTubers like zoella :P )
    and tv shows i watch some anime here and there lots of crime tv shows - sometimes real life documentary type of tv shows based on true stories - tv shows that have different concepts and plot twists - mainly psychological thriller and mystery. and its the same for movies (i usually watch more movies than tv shows)- psychological - thriller - crime-mystery movies. but i dont mind watching any movie tbh - i like almost all movies and can watch pretty much anything (but i prefer mystery - thriller etc stuff).
    You live in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    You live in London?
    yh man ... :/ wbu?

ReputationRep:
    yh man ... :/ wbu?
    Yh
    You sorted yourself out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Yh
    You sorted yourself out?
    yh pretty much ....just gonna power through A levels since ive pretty much finished the first year (waste to not go through to the next year), then gonna take a gap year and hopefully venture through all the things ive wanted to do and eventually - hopefully through that process find something i enjoy and can make a living out of

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.