Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm currently doing 4 A-levels and I'm under so much stress my exams start in May and I skipped school today because I'm under so much stress I do ICT, Economics, biology and health science. My head of year made me pick health science incase I failed biology since it's one of the hardest A-levels but I'm struggling so much as health science is broken up into chemistry, biology and physics I'm stressing so much and I feel like dropping health science therefore I can focus on my other subjects instead of doing 4 and focusing less I need help what should I do?
    Ps my mom said just do all 4 since it's four months but I don't want to jeopardise my grades just because it's four A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweepie159)
    Hi guys I'm currently doing 4 A-levels and I'm under so much stress my exams start in May and I skipped school today because I'm under so much stress I do ICT, Economics, biology and health science. My head of year made me pick health science incase I failed biology since it's one of the hardest A-levels but I'm struggling so much as health science is broken up into chemistry, biology and physics I'm stressing so much and I feel like dropping health science therefore I can focus on my other subjects instead of doing 4 and focusing less I need help what should I do?
    Ps my mom said just do all 4 since it's four months but I don't want to jeopardise my grades just because it's four A-levels
    If you’re stressing a lot, dropping one seems like the obvious option.

If you’re a Year 12, are you taking the AS exams in all 4? You might want to persist for the next few months and drop one then.

Ultimately, 3 A-Level grades of a better quality are more useful in terms of university than 4 lower ones.

Also think of why you’re stressed. A lot of the time stress can come from a lack of doing work, and you get stressed because it builds up. If you can tackle an hour or two a day, whilst maintaining attendance, things may begin to seem much more sustainable. 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)

If you’re a Year 12, are you taking the AS exams in all 4? You might want to persist for the next few months and drop one then.

Ultimately, 3 A-Level grades of a better quality are more useful in terms of university than 4 lower ones.

Also think of why you’re stressed. A lot of the time stress can come from a lack of doing work, and you get stressed because it builds up. If you can tackle an hour or two a day, whilst maintaining attendance, things may begin to seem much more sustainable. 😊
    I'm currently in A-levels and I'm gonna drop one as I do go to school I'm actually feeling weak and stressed I get hours of homework everyday and doing 4 is too much stress to focus and study for 4 A-levels I feel if I do 3 I can focus more be able to study, I don't get time to study because I'm doing homework everyday my attendance is at a solid 98% than you so much for your help I rather have 3 good grades and this midterm break I just couldn't anything due to 5 months of just work I did nothing but tomorrow I'm dropping one A-level and I'm gonna have time to study 😀😀😀

ReputationRep:

I never let my work build up because I know it will just pile up and cause way more stress but doing 2-3 hours of homework everyday is a lot I don't get time to study on weekends even so when I drop health sciences I can hopefully get more time to study and I'm actually scared because I should have dropped this earlier in the year giving more time to focus on my main 3 A-levels but hopefully when I drop this one I will have better time managent and my attendance won't go lower than 98% as well as getting more study time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweepie159)
    I'm currently in A-levels and I'm gonna drop one as I do go to school I'm actually feeling weak and stressed I get hours of homework everyday and doing 4 is too much stress to focus and study for 4 A-levels I feel if I do 3 I can focus more be able to study, I don't get time to study because I'm doing homework everyday my attendance is at a solid 98% than you so much for your help I rather have 3 good grades and this midterm break I just couldn't anything due to 5 months of just work I did nothing but tomorrow I'm dropping one A-level and I'm gonna have time to study 😀😀😀
    I think that’s a wise choice! It’ll decrease stress, give you more time to study your A-Levels you’ve chosen.

I have a friend who was taking 4 and achieved BCCD at AS, she then achieved A*A*A at A-Level after dropping one! It makes sense. Best of luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think that’s a wise choice! It’ll decrease stress, give you more time to study your A-Levels you’ve chosen.

I have a friend who was taking 4 and achieved BCCD at AS, she then achieved A*A*A at A-Level after dropping one! It makes sense. Best of luck!
    Thanks you so much for you help, you were of great help to me, you made me feel better, can't thank you enough !!!😜😀😀🤞

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.