Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I see the entire Mass Effect Trilogy on Steam and it all comes to roughly just £70.

Anyone know if there will be plans to remaster the trilogy or is it worth getting it now and be happy with it?

I have no qualms buying it but if they did have plans in the works I'd likely leave it and wait.

I'd also welcome chat about the trilogy in general as well as I never get bored talking about it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    I see the entire Mass Effect Trilogy on Steam and it all comes to roughly just £70.

Anyone know if there will be plans to remaster the trilogy or is it worth getting it now and be happy with it?

I have no qualms buying it but if they did have plans in the works I'd likely leave it and wait.

I'd also welcome chat about the trilogy in general as well as I never get bored talking about it.
    I'm not sure on the remastering front, but I'm definitely up for the chat about the trilogy side, it's one of my favourite game series :love:

ReputationRep:
    I've bought them all now so that part is irrelevant.

Which dlc is best and why?
    I propose Citadel is the best as it encompasses every character that has helped along the journey and is just so fun to listen to the crew banter.
    "Welcome to the party Princess'" is a great. Along with "More ice!"
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Moved to Gaming.

ReputationRep:
    Buy any DLC that has story content, missions and extra teammates.

This is pretty much the main game stuff they cut out so they could charge you more.

They're all great, although I didn't bother with was the Omega DLC from Mass Effect 3 (though you'll have to get through about 100 hours of gameplay before worrying about ME3 never mind the DLC).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Buy any DLC that has story content, missions and extra teammates.

This is pretty much the main game stuff they cut out so they could charge you more.

They're all great, although I didn't bother with was the Omega DLC from Mass Effect 3 (though you'll have to get through about 100 hours of gameplay before worrying about ME3 never mind the DLC).
    Omega is a nice change of pace from the rest of the game, I love playing it. Engineer gets a nice bit of dialogue as well.
    "Maybe if I was a stupid grunt!"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's a fantastic series, but I'm sure you can get it for less than £70 all in...

Also as above, definitely get the "core" DLC - Bring Down the Sky in ME1 (free on PC), Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival in ME2 (you can also get Genesis and skip ME1 entirely if you wanted - I'd suggest getting ME1 and see how you get on with it, but I ended up doing genesis and playing 2/3 to finish before finishing 1 the first run through, as ME1 is somewhat different in gameplay than 2/3), and for ME3, it's up to you but Leviathan I found great, and I've heard good things about Citadel (not yet done that though lol). I was ambivalent to Omega though, I had From Ashes due to preordering - it was contentious at the time due to being "day 0 DLC" but I think is worth it as there are some interesting interactions from the new squad member in it.

ReputationRep:
    Just to make it clear now, I have played each game about 5 times over minimum. ME1 DLC was thebonly content I hadn't done but that has now been rectified as of this morning.

However it is nice to chat about it and see peoples views on what's important.

ReputationRep:
    I got the trilogy for the PS3 for about £20 a few years ago. ME1 was brilliant, though the controls and gameplay was a bit dated. ME2 was superb, and my favourite. ME3 was a massive letdown.

ReputationRep:
    £70 sounds like a fair bit. Swear I had it cheaper overall buying ME1 and ME3 on Origin (but ME2 on Steam). I played ME2 back when it came out, not having played ME1, when I was 14 or so, and loved it. Only played ME3, then ME1, last year. Ultimately I think ME2 is the best all-round game. It's not without faults, of course; the plot is very straightforward, and the RPG elements are regrettably toned down, with the paragon/renagade system taking the biggest hit (in ME1 you can max out your renegade while still making a load of big paragon decisions; in ME2 you're funneled down one path if you want to get the best outcome). But virtually no game makes you care so much about its characters, and the suicide mission is genius (admittedly it's more interesting if you're a lazy ******* playing for the first time, and a few people actually don't make it). Plus it got the Vanguard class just right, making it very very challenging to use but very satisfying to play well. In ME3 the single player is a joke on Vanguard, Insanity or not, even in Grissom Academy you can just charge + nova spam the seas of enemies. Hell, all the singleplayer is ridiculously easy on ME3 tbh. In general ME3 is a very enjoyable game, but it's just not as well written as the previous two and, mostly, at least ostensibly, due to release date constraints, it is extremely disheartening how little your choices come to matter in the end. The multiplayer is just great though, they really struck gold there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.