Sure I can analyse them in terms of grammar e.g. whether they have frequent types of lexis here or there but I'm finding it hard to compare them in their meaning. I can offer suggestions but its not concrete. I have to use a 'stylistic' approach. Someone help.
x Turn on thread page Beta
How to compare non-fiction with fiction? watch
- Thread Starter
1. That one is based in reality one isn't.
2. Time period they were written in.
3. They are usually about a similar subject so find those similarities, likewise state the opposite.
4. Look for the inferred meaning in the text and layout.
5. What was the effect on the reader for each piece?
6. Are there obvious opposites such as city/countryside, town/village, day/night, cold/warm etc?