Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi. I am looking for advice only. I graduated back in 2011, from the University of York with a 2:2 MChem degree. Since then I have become a science teacher. In recent years I have considered going back to University and study/research in the field of environmental sciences. First, I am wondering if it is even possible with my grade? Second, even if I went and got a second masters degree would that help? Or would my initial degree result prevent me going on to research at PhD level?

    You used to be able to get funding for a PhD if you had a Masters if your first degree was below a 2:1 but I have no idea if that is still the case, its all down to money.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.