Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help me out here guys...I'm starting to find that I get increasingly annoyed at things my girlfriend does that I don't like...for example clubbing...I have no issue with her going out and doing as she pleases as I trust her fully, but I get seriously annoyed because it's not something I enjoy myself. I don't know what it is but it just boils my blood. Even stupid stuff like the music she might put on in my car...because I don't listen to that music or enjoy it I get really wound up and it's starting to piss me off. I have liked this girl for 2 years and made it out of the friend zone with her and I don't want to do things that'll push her away...please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperialYoda1)
    Help me out here guys...I'm starting to find that I get increasingly annoyed at things my girlfriend does that I don't like...for example clubbing...I have no issue with her going out and doing as she pleases as I trust her fully, but I get seriously annoyed because it's not something I enjoy myself. I don't know what it is but it just boils my blood. Even stupid stuff like the music she might put on in my car...because I don't listen to that music or enjoy it I get really wound up and it's starting to piss me off. I have liked this girl for 2 years and made it out of the friend zone with her and I don't want to do things that'll push her away...please help
    I think the best thing to do in this situation is to be honest with her and talk together about what you both can do so that you don't feel this way. By talking it could really help sort things out. Like you said you made it out of the friend zone so how hard could it be to say how you feelings about certain situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia!x)
    I think the best thing to do in this situation is to be honest with her and talk together about what you both can do so that you don't feel this way. By talking it could really help sort things out. Like you said you made it out of the friend zone so how hard could it be to say how you feelings about certain situations.
    I get that but how do I go about it? because to me it's just very stupid stuff and I'd look like an idiot...she's the kind of person that'll palm off any sort of discrepancies with "I dunno" or "maybe" and never gives straight answers...Im just struggling to work out what it is...it's not a trust thing because I know she's a very loyal person...I don't know if it's just jealousy of the fact she enjoys things that I don't and so I can't really make her happy with those things...i have compensated in the past and gone out drinking with her and she seemed to love it and I was neither here nor there with it...just very frustrating 😂😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It sounds like the honeymoon phase is starting to wear off.

Do you have to go clubbing with her? If not, just tell her you don't feel like going.

Relationships involve some sort of compromise, so you should try to meet in the middle. If you don't like the music she plays, why not create a playlist which includes both of the music you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It sounds like the honeymoon phase is starting to wear off.

Do you have to go clubbing with her? If not, just tell her you don't feel like going.

Relationships involve some sort of compromise, so you should try to meet in the middle. If you don't like the music she plays, why not create a playlist which includes both of the music you like?

it's not that I have to go clubbing with her, it's more the fact then she enjoys something that I don't enjoy...is this just me being a ****?😂
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    it's not that I have to go clubbing with her, it's more the fact then she enjoys something that I don't enjoy...is this just me being a ****?😂
    Let her enjoy her life as she lets you enjoy yours.

ReputationRep:
    I get that but how do I go about it? because to me it's just very stupid stuff and I'd look like an idiot...she's the kind of person that'll palm off any sort of discrepancies with "I dunno" or "maybe" and never gives straight answers...Im just struggling to work out what it is...it's not a trust thing because I know she's a very loyal person...I don't know if it's just jealousy of the fact she enjoys things that I don't and so I can't really make her happy with those things...i have compensated in the past and gone out drinking with her and she seemed to love it and I was neither here nor there with it...just very frustrating 😂😂
    I understand that and you don't look like an idiot it's just little problems in the relationship that is effecting you. To make a relationship for you have to be honest if you think certain things are not right. If it is bothering you that much you should really say something. If you're girlfriend is serious about you and cares for you, she'll understand and changes her ways.

In relationships we have to accept that we are not always going to like the same things as our bf/gf. There has to be differences. Look at it like this, I assume you guys are like in high school or college (as I am), the partying is fun and all but we all start to mature and we'll eventually stop partying or going out as much. She young and she should enjoy that time to have fun and you should too. Eventually she settle down but it seems like you might not be so ready for a relationship. Just remember that you need to accept the differences between you and your gf/bf if your relationship is going to last. Chill, relax and just enjoy life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.