Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do they run out of chicken anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MontR9213)
    How do they run out of chicken anyway?
    They have not run out of chickens. They have tons of them. Unfortunately, most of them are stuck in a logistics depot due to a ****-up (like the pun?)

ReputationRep:
    Haha omg my biology teacher was telling about how her friend (who was working at kfc) decided to help coordinate the travel and transport of the chickens which apparently was too much work and she shouldn’t have done it all in first place. But anyways she messed up and everything got delayed and when the chicken finally got transported to the shops it was out of date and unfresh so they’re a bit delayed. Apparently next week everything will be back to normal!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Haha omg my biology teacher was telling about how her friend (who was working at kfc) decided to help coordinate the travel and transport of the chickens which apparently was too much work and she shouldn’t have done it all in first place. But anyways she messed up and everything got delayed and when the chicken finally got transported to the shops it was out of date and unfresh so they’re a bit delayed. Apparently next week everything will be back to normal!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Well played KFC

Name:  IMG_20180225_155814.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  93.1 KB
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Well played KFC

Name:  IMG_20180225_155814.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  93.1 KB
    I thought it was a good advert.
    The real losers in this are the zero hours staff (lot f them students) who the franchisees might refuse to pay. Outrageous if they do lose out.

Bidvest must have been lolling so much.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I thought it was a good advert.
    The real losers in this are the zero hours staff (lot f them students) who the franchisees might refuse to pay. Outrageous if they do lose out.

Bidvest must have been lolling so much.
    Yes I don't know how that will work. If you had been on the rota for the affected hours then you should be paid, and I imagine KFC and the franchise owners will be seeking compensation for loss of revenue from DHL.

bidvest will be going "I told you so" but it won't help them in reality. And you would have thought KFC would have phased this in regionally or something.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes I don't know how that will work. If you had been on the rota for the affected hours then you should be paid, and I imagine KFC and the franchise owners will be seeking compensation for loss of revenue from DHL.

bidvest will be going "I told you so" but it won't help them in reality. And you would have thought KFC would have phased this in regionally or something.
    All about money. DGL made promises and they have built one huge centre rather than have a number of regional ones. 200 people lost their jobs at Bidvest when the contract went.

KFC has made a recommendation for payment based on average hours, but it is not binding. 80% of KFC are franchises. A zero hours worker could have lost low three figures. That could be the difference between paying rent and eating.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    They have returned to the original supplier!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...hortage-fiasco

ReputationRep:
    They have returned to the original supplier!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...hortage-fiasco
    So much trauma could've been avoided...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    So much trauma could've been avoided...
    The chicken crossed the road to DHL and then ran back to Bidvest.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.