The Student Room Group

DDD in my mocks. What now?

I just received my mock grades and I got three Ds in psychology, maths and biology. I'm not sure if I should be happy with this result or not. I could have worked harder of course but I don't really understand what sort of revision benefits me the most. Any advice for how I could progress from here?
Reply 1
Original post by Emsio8
I just received my mock grades and I got three Ds in psychology, maths and biology. I'm not sure if I should be happy with this result or not. I could have worked harder of course but I don't really understand what sort of revision benefits me the most. Any advice for how I could progress from here?

Your not alone

Are you in year 12?
Then those results are ok at this moment
Original post by IDOZ
Your not alone

Are you in year 12?
Then those results are ok at this moment

Yup. Those were my first year 12 mocks. I guess I should just start some more revision from here?
It depends on what your predicted grades are and what uni/work you want to go to after A levels. Just do lots of practice questions/papers and write out short 'soundbite' notes to help your brain retain information. Good luck!
Learn from your mistakes! Revise a bit more for your summer exams!

They are mock exams for a reason, you now know what to expect during your summer exams! :smile:
Original post by Emsio8

Well bluntly... working harder. Start revision earlier, ask your teachers for resources and tips on revising. Go through the relevant parts of the textbooks, mind-maps, revision sites (be wary) etc. if you start lightly now you can stop doing the revision methods that you find are not benefiting you.

All the best.
Thanks guys. I'll take all of this on board for my future revision. :smile:
Reply 7
Getting grades like those in your first year 12 mocks isn't unusual, and you've got plenty of time to improve. I would start experimenting with a few different revision techniques now, so that by the time your end of year exams come around, you'll have a strategy that you know is effective for you. Other than that, the best thing you can do is to complete all your homework assignments to the best of your ability and to stick diligently to your deadlines.

Quick Reply

Latest