The Student Room Group

Global Volunteer Projects

Hi, I'm a second year Biomed Student and I'm looking at getting medical experience abroad for my graduate entry application for 2019 start.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Global Volunteer Projects/can recommend any other companies?

Also, is there anyone who might be interested in doing this (this summer) too? If so, pm me and maybe we can talk as I think the process is quite daunting and it would be nice to have someone to go through it with.
Reply 1
My tutor recommended it
Reply 2
I'm not really sure what to do to be honest... i've heard a few people say it's useless but others have said that it really helped them in their interview etc.

I'm regularly volunteering on wards at a local hospital, and i'm making arrangements to shadow doctors in 4/5 disciplines right now as well as looking for a placement in a hospice. My tutor said to get as much experience as possible but it's hard to know what's enough if you get me?

What would you recommend?
Reply 3
Did you reply to graduate entry??
Reply 4
Sorry, my mistake. Thanks for the advice though, you've definitely given me something to think about.

Quick Reply

Latest