Turn on thread page Beta

Can I take my 7 day break earlier on pill watch

Announcements

So I've lost one of my pills and I don't know what to do should I take he last one in my pack to replace the one I've lost and then finish the pack as normal but if I do that it means I'll have to start my break a day early and finish after 7 days which will change the star of my cycle,,, will that be ok to do,, because for this month I wouldve only took 20 pills and I've only just started it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've lost one of my pills and I don't know what to do should I take he last one in my pack to replace the one I've lost and then finish the pack as normal but if I do that it means I'll have to start my break a day early and finish after 7 days which will change the star of my cycle,,, will that be ok to do,, because for this month I wouldve only took 20 pills and I've only just started it
    Normally what is suggested is taking a pill from a new pack to replace it and using that pack for situations like this. Does mean you would need to get a new prescription early.

If you're not worried about getting pregnant, then you can just take the break after 20 pills rather than 21. The effectiveness shouldn't be noticeable lower but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Okay thankyou i didn't know if I would be able to get a earlier appointment for it but Ill take one from the spare pack and do that,, thankyou so much 😊

Okay thankyou I didn't know if I could get an earlier appointment with my doctor giving me three packs to start with as I'm new to it,, I'll do that though and just make an early appointment,,, thankyou so much 😊

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.