Turn on thread page Beta

Open University - Full Time Course and Full Time Work watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I’ve reached a rut in my career and have decided I would like to do an Open University degree in Health Science. I was just wondering if anyone has completed their course full time whilst also working full time or is this just impossible?

I know I could complete the course in 6 years but it’s just such a long time and ideally I’d like to be done before then, if at all possible. I just can’t afford to be a full time student unfortunately.

Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I did the Open University for a year before deciding to wait and apply to a brick University, and I was working whilst doing so. I'd say it's doable, sure, but I'd also say you can't expect to have much of a life outside of work/study for the next 3 years if that's the path you take.

ReputationRep:
    It requires 30 hours a week and then depending on the degree, two examinations to revise for. It is doable, but I would prioritize classification over time needed unless you are doing the degree for leisure.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.