Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

I’ve reached a rut in my career and have decided I would like to do an Open University degree in Health Science. I was just wondering if anyone has completed their course full time whilst also working full time or is this just impossible?

I know I could complete the course in 6 years but it’s just such a long time and ideally I’d like to be done before then, if at all possible. I just can’t afford to be a full time student unfortunately.

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I did the Open University for a year before deciding to wait and apply to a brick University, and I was working whilst doing so. I'd say it's doable, sure, but I'd also say you can't expect to have much of a life outside of work/study for the next 3 years if that's the path you take.

It requires 30 hours a week and then depending on the degree, two examinations to revise for. It is doable, but I would prioritize classification over time needed unless you are doing the degree for leisure.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.