Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My Tudors Coursework is based on the rebellions and how much of threat they possess. Can anyone give me any rebellions that happened during Tudor times that either possessed a great or little threat to the monarchy?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by kurona)
    My Tudors Coursework is based on the rebellions and how much of threat they possess. Can anyone give me any rebellions that happened during Tudor times that either possessed a great or little threat to the monarchy?
    You need to read your textbook. Yes its that basic.

You dont say the exact title, but if its all Tudor rebellions then you need to do the research and understand what happened in each one, why and how it was resolved. A timeline wouldnt be bad. All the Tudor history books i ever read all have chapters on rebellions.

This is basic research and it is 50% of writing the essay.

Once you have a good knowledge then you have to assess the question and decide which ways you will write the essay.

The unifying factors if its for all the Tudors need to be identified.

Whose reign had more and why?
    What did they all want?
    Why did they happen?
    Which were the most successful?
    Why did they fail?
    How did Tudors resolve them? Common or different tactics?

If you want to score well, then you need good research, good analysis and investigation, intelligent evaluation.

It sounds as though you have done little research so far , so thats where you should start.

Google, wiki, your textbooks and the library are your friends.

If you want a high grade then you put the work in and master the material.

For History then you also need to be able to analyse the issues and write an essay that presents depth and a powerful persuasive argument that you know what you are talking about.

The rebellions are well known, just google them. It is your research an analysis that will make the difference. That is down to you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice. I understand the basics of writing an essay and how to structure it, it's just finding reliable sources of information. My teachers are picky and haven't given any of us a textbook since it's not required. What were the books that you've read? And also, would you recommend Phillippa Gregory's books because I've got 2 (technically 4 since one of the books is a 3 in 1)?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.