Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ... I’m rly stressed about choosing the right subjects as I know that this is gonna determine my future... so I’m planning on maybe doing Law at uni, and I want to do psychology law and maths a level, but Im just thinking whether I’ll be “looked down on” if I do psychology and law? But the thing is I rly want to do it! My other choice is physics instead of psychology since I am pretty good at it (I get grade 8/9 with little revision). But my biggest interest is psychology and Law a level... what should I do? Help please!! Thanks!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    Hi ... I’m rly stressed about choosing the right subjects as I know that this is gonna determine my future... so I’m planning on maybe doing Law at uni, and I want to do psychology law and maths a level, but Im just thinking whether I’ll be “looked down on” if I do psychology and law? But the thing is I rly want to do it! My other choice is physics instead of psychology since I am pretty good at it (I get grade 8/9 with little revision). But my biggest interest is psychology and Law a level... what should I do? Help please!! Thanks!!
    No set A levels.. two facilitating including ones essay subject would be ok, but doesnt matter in 99% of cases.

Its mostly about grades, but always check the entrance requirements.
    https://university.which.co.uk/advic...d-to-study-law

Play with this: https://my.sacu-student.com/sacustud...neimg' />0

Read these links

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-studen...l-and-college/

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices

ReputationRep:
    I think law is nice to do before uni, helps a little but not to the extent that you'd have a recognisable advantage. If you aren't doing another essay based subject like history or English then I would really reccomend it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chichaldo)
    I think law is nice to do before uni, helps a little but not to the extent that you'd have a recognisable advantage. If you aren't doing another essay based subject like history or English then I would really reccomend it.
    Yeh thanks! Like the reason I’m doing law isn’t because I think it’s gonna give me and advantage, I mean it will definitely give me at least some knowledge of law ... which is what I’m interested in. Because some people r like it will teach me “nothing” but surely it must teach me SOME thing? 🤔

ReputationRep:
    Yeh thanks! Like the reason I’m doing law isn’t because I think it’s gonna give me and advantage, I mean it will definitely give me at least some knowledge of law ... which is what I’m interested in. Because some people r like it will teach me “nothing” but surely it must teach me SOME thing? 🤔
    You essentially go through most of the stuff covered at A-Level in uni, but in greater depth. I think it is valuable to understand the process of law making and stuff like that, it is only brushed uover on the course

ReputationRep:
    Law is about thinking on facts, taking that to the law and case history and arguing which side it should win upon. Nothing more or less. So that is really about comprehension, love for facts of different cases and why some are exceptional and others don't stand out as reliable.

So taking that back into a pre uni arena, Maths is very much like that as is physics. Psych is more different belief systems and which one works, and so hard to pin down.

If you like winning arguements, and making a difference law is great. If you like solving problems then physics is awesome. We need more of those. If you like to help depressed youngsters and old demented people etc, sure do psyc. Key is where is your love? Law can be years in a law library reading cases, doing R&D and never seeing a client let alone before a judge. If you are like that okay. If you want to get out and see the world, law is no go. I did law and finance at uni. Both good and finance world standard to take anywhere. Psyc maybe UK based with Brexit, that is limiting. Law the most narrow yet can be very satisfying. Hmm. God bless. JK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnKiwi)
    Law is about thinking on facts, taking that to the law and case history and arguing which side it should win upon. Nothing more or less. So that is really about comprehension, love for facts of different cases and why some are exceptional and others don't stand out as reliable.

So taking that back into a pre uni arena, Maths is very much like that as is physics. Psych is more different belief systems and which one works, and so hard to pin down.

If you like winning arguements, and making a difference law is great. If you like solving problems then physics is awesome. We need more of those. If you like to help depressed youngsters and old demented people etc, sure do psyc. Key is where is your love? Law can be years in a law library reading cases, doing R&D and never seeing a client let alone before a judge. If you are like that okay. If you want to get out and see the world, law is no go. I did law and finance at uni. Both good and finance world standard to take anywhere. Psyc maybe UK based with Brexit, that is limiting. Law the most narrow yet can be very satisfying. Hmm. God bless. JK.
    Ah ok thanks! Personally I do prefer to do maths, psychology and law, but I’m kinda scared it’s limiting... but I do want to pursue a career in law, so in a way if I know what I want to be then surely it’s not limiting?? Ahhh 😰😰

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.