Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do I need to get a 2:1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I got a 2:2 in my second year. I desperately want a 2:1. My years are weighted 40% in second year and 60% in final year.

I got 50.4 in second year so scraped the boundary - but I know that wasn't my full potential. Im currently getting better results this year but what do I need to be getting in my final year on average?

Im an English student so math isn't my strong point - any help would be really appreciated so I can see if its realistic or not!

Thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kate23478)
    So I got a 2:2 in my second year. I desperately want a 2:1. My years are weighted 40% in second year and 60% in final year.

I got 50.4 in second year so scraped the boundary - but I know that wasn't my full potential. Im currently getting better results this year but what do I need to be getting in my final year on average?

Im an English student so math isn't my strong point - any help would be really appreciated so I can see if its realistic or not!

Thanks!!
    You need above 67% in your third year if my math is correct.

ReputationRep:
    As above you need 67%

50% * 0.4 = 20%

67% * 0.6 = 40%

ReputationRep:
    Probably another stupid question...

How do I work out what Im currently sitting on?

Obviously I know 40% of my overall grade. Ive had results from 4 10 credit modules - how do I work them out in terms of a 60% weighting on those marks?

Thanks guys!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Heya, I would recommend a site like gradestracker--you can input each assignment you've already received and assignments you have left to do. You can input goal grades for years/modules, and it automatically shows you what you need to achieve those goals.

Of course, it's just an estimation in the sense that your grades are ultimately down to the exam and degree boards.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.